(Katakuri) That's Not a Snack

This was a request from Azureman136, also, I finished your Chopper one and just didn't link you on it. Please enjoy, and if he's out of character I'm so sorry.

The sun rose on the ship. I sat there, watching the sunrise, gently sipping a cup of coffee. "Lovely sunrise, isn't it." A voice from behind me said. "Well hey." I said, turning around and waving to Katakuri. "What are you doing up this early?" He asked me, sitting down next to me on the floor. "Felt like waking up this early. What about you?" I asked, smiling. "We're opening up a chest we found yesterday. I just want to see what's in it." He said, his voice blank. "Well, that's as good a reason as any." I said, smiling towards him. A light blush came across his cheeks. "Right." He said, shaking his head.

We sat in silence for a few moments until he decided to get up. "I aught to see if they've stayed yet. Hope it's something good." Katakuri said. "Ah. Alright. Have fun!" I said, waving to him.

Katakuri waved to me in return then went into the lower levels of the ship. I decided then I'd take a nap and see what happens, so I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up not long after and I sat up. I then gently rubbed my eyes. "Nice nap..." I muttered to myself. "Hope I didn't get sunburn..." I said, still slightly groggy. "I want a snack." I said, getting up off the lawn chair and heading towards the kitchen.

I walked down the stairs and into the main room which happened to also be the dining room. "Well, hello YN." Katakuri said, addressing me as I entered the room in a fog. "Mm. Hey." I said, noticing what looked like an apple on the table. I sat down at the table, then grabbed the apple and took a huge bite out of it. "YN..?" He asked, looking over at me as I ate the apple... or what I thought was one. "YN NO!!! Don't eat that!!!" He yelled, jumping across the table. "Eh? Kuri... it's an apple." I said, looking back down at the fruit. "Although... It does taste pretty bad." I said, taking another bite of it.

Katakuri stood behind me in shock as I continued eating the fruit. "Wow. Was that a bad apple? No wonder it was on the table out here and not in the kitchen." I said as I finished it. "YN, that was not an apple... That was a devil-fruit. That we found in the chest this morning." He said, looking worried. "Oh." I said, rather shocked at the news. "YN! Can't you act more concerned? You're going to be in a heck of a lot of trouble if anyone find out!" He said, grabbing both of my shoulders.

"It's only you and I here... Right? There's no reason to be worried, as long as neither you or I don't tell anyone then-" I said as he pulled me in tight for a hug. "You're funny, YN." He said, holding me really tightly. I chuckled a little. "Guess it wasn't a snack then." I said, smiling at Katakuri. "No... It wasn't." He said, shaking his head at me.