(Cavendish) Practically Famous

I was thinking, there are a whole bunch of characters I haven't written about yet! Including Cavendish. Although he isn't my favorite character, I think he at least deserves one or two one-shots. So if you're a Cavendish fan, enjoy it! Also, if you work at like Walmart or Target, this is definetly the story for you-

Working at a convince store sucks.

It's the daily grind, the rude people you meet, and the amount of work you do to get paid so little.

One day I was stocking shelves when some blonde boy in a weird looking coat came in. "Hey sir, welcome to the only chain store in the Grand Line, how can I help you?" I asked, standing up and making eye contact with this oddly dressed man. 'He's got nice eyes. Too bad his fashion sense isn't anything to appreciate.' I thought thought myself as I looked him up and down. "Well hello, miss. I'm here for some fruit." He said, posing in an odd way as he said that. "Do you think you could lead my beautiful self to the fruit section?" He asked, smiling wide. I saw some of the other women who worked there gawking at this weirdo.

"Yeah... Uh, sure." I said, gesturing towards the fruit section as I began to walk towards it. "Thank you kindly, Miss." He said, smiling at me still. "I appreciate you." He said, pulling a flower out of mid air and handing it to me. "Thanks?" I said, confused at what this guy is doing. He winked winked me, then went back to the fruit section.

I walked up to the check-out counter and turned the light on for when the weirdo came back. "YN! Do you know who that was?!" My co-worker asked me. "No, and I kinda don't want to know." I said, putting the flower down on the counter. "YN! That's the famous 'White Horse' Cavendish! They say he's the most beautiful pirate on the seas." She said, staring at him. I squinted at him as he picked up an orange and smelled it. "I really don't see it." I said, looking at my co-worker like she was crazy.

She shook her head at me, then walked off to do something else, then Cavendish came up to me and sat some oranges down on the counter. I scanned the oranges then placed them in a paper bag. "That'll be fifty berries, please." I said, holding out my hand. "Oh, but miss, can't you give a discount to me? I'm famous, after all." He said, smiling wide. "No." I said sharply. He jumped back. "Do you not care who I am?!" He yelled, looking pretty mad. "I don't care. I hadn't even heard of you before today. Give me the money or don't buy the oranges, I'm not giving a discount to a random pirate I've never heard of." I said, leaning on the counter.

His cheeks turned a light pink color. "How- How is it that you've never heard of me?" He asked, surprised. "I'm not into any of this pirate stuff. It's never appealed to me." I said, shaking my head. He looked even more surprised than before. "How?!" He yelled. "I dunno, dude. Just pay me, please." I said, sighing. He reached in his pocket and pulled out some money. "I will be back." He said, slapping money on the counter. "And I will have your heart some day!" He yelled as he walked out the door.

I smirked at him and I felt a small blush come across my face. "Sure you will." I said, shaking my head at him.