(Bellamy) Recovery

Most of the way through Dressrosa and while I was watching Bellamy have his world torn apart, I decided "Hey! I should write another Bellamy One-Shot!" So here you go, more Bellamy.

After Bellamy went to visit Doflamingo for some special mission, the whole of our smaller crew division welcomed him back with gladness he had simply returned and with sadness for the fall of Doflamingo. I stood in the corner, watching our captain talk to the other crewmembers like everything was completely normal. Deep down, though, I knew that something wasn't right, other than the fact his face was almost completely covered in bandages.

After the crowd died down, Bellamy noticed me leaning in the corner of the room. "YN, nice to see you after all of that." He said, smirking at me. "I know he was your idol, but I was never a fan of that Doflamingo." I said, scowling at the ground. "Yeah... I get what you're saying now." He said, somewhat nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"So what actually happened on Dressrosa? I know that Straw-Hat kicked the life out of Doflamingo, but anything else happen, Bellamy?" I asked him, standing up fully now. "A... few other things." He said, frowning. I chuckled a little. "I read about all that garbage in the news. I know about almost everything that happened there, plus, I've got an inside source." I said, poking Bellamy's chest. "Huh?!" He asked me, rather shocked. "You, dude. I haven't left since you did. It's usually you and I, isn't it?" I asked, chuckling again. "Don't worry me like that." He said, crossing his arms.

I raised an eyebrow. "So... Something else must've happened, then. If you're acting all suspicious about it-" I asked as he cut me off. "You're talking so casually, YN." He said, his voice sharp. "Being on that crap-hole of an island for a long period of time wasn't fun." He said, the bitterness in his voice finally reaching me.

"I... Did not expect you to be in this bad of a mood. What actually happened, Bellamy?" I asked, more concerned now than before. "Yeah, that Doflamingo I held in such high honor? He tried to kill me, YN." Bellamy said, leaning back on the wall. "Then after beating the crap out of me, he made me fight Luffy." He said, looking at the ground. "Then even after I was 'set free' I still decided to fight Luffy." He said, holding his head in his hands. "I got what was coming to me, clearly." He said, his tone changing.

I laid my hand on his shoulder and gently squeezed it. "Hey, it's over now, isn't it?" I asked, trying to comfort him, even a little. "You lived, and sure, you trying to fight the three-hundred-thousand berry Straw-Hat Luffy was kind of a stupid move, you lived! Isn't that something to be glad about?" I asked him, attempting a small smile. Bellamy turned towards me, his facial expression one of deep pain. "You don't understand, YN. Luffy tried to rescue me, but I decided to hurt him anyways!" He yelled, grabbing both of my shoulders.

I let out a small sigh. "Don't think on it too hard, Bellamy. We do stupid things sometimes, there's no reason to get hung up on it, and I guarantee you'll meet him again at some point on our journey. You can apologize then!" I said, reaching up and cupping his cheek in my hand. He sighed a little. "I guess you're right, YN, but you can't stop me from being upset about it." He said, leaning into my hand. "Yeah yeah, I know." I said, gently kissing his forehead.