(Katakuri) Be Careful Next Time

Ah yes, back to writing about the Charlotte siblings. I adore them and all of their odd personalities, and if I get a chance, I'll do more of Perospero and Cracker if that's what you want to see!

All the talk on Whole Cake was on the Charlotte and Vinsmoke wedding fail of a lifetime. I heard of the pirate Straw-Hat Luffy taking out the Charlottes left and right, and how all of this garbage; getting Big Mom set on him AND invoking the wrath of everyone on Whole Cake was to get his "friend" Sanji back. But I don't go by rumors, so I decided not to believe any of it.

I was a travelling saleswoman. My homeland was Whole Cake, so I was away when this supposed event happened. I was bringing back some rare fruit from other islands, and I now had to deliver the fruit back to the Charlotte family.

When I walked up to the Chateau, I was surprised, to say the least, to find it in pieces. I stared up at the shattered building as I wandered around, trying to find someone to give the fruit to. One of the chess pieces guards tapped me on the shoulder, and I whipped around, making him jump back a little. "Miss YN, isn't it? We have had an... unfortunate event occur here. Mama is out right now, so we will... bring you to the next higher up." He says, visibly on edge. "Ah, and who may that be?" I ask, tilting my head. "Oh, uhm... Katakuri-sama, who is currently being treated for severe injuries sustained by-" "Straw-Hat Luffy. Yeah, I know." I said, cutting him off.

I will admit, I have a small crush on Charlotte Katakuri. It was an unusual treat for me to get to see him when I'm making a delivery, but a fun one, nonetheless. Although, I truly doubt my feelings were reciprocated. 

I was led to the place where Katakuri and his younger brother, Cracker, who had apparently both been severely injured, were being treated. I shoved the door open and some of the nurses who were scuttling around the room stared at me. Cracker was sitting up in his bed, eating a banana. Katakuri was also sitting up, surprisingly, as he looked as though he had taken an absurd beating. "Welp, I've got some fruit for you guys. That your mama ordered." I said, sitting the basket down on the floor next to Katakuri. 

Cracker nodded, yet he continued to eat his piece of fruit, rather oblivious of everything else. "Thanks, YN." Katakuri says as he stares at the wall in front of him. "Why in the world are y'all in so bad of a mood?" I tilt my head. Cracker and Katakuri then both stare over at me. "We lost. Bad. When Mama gets back, she'll be mad. I wouldn't be surprised if she kills me." Cracker sighs. 

I then turn to Katakuri. "You're like... her favorite child. She might kill Crack over there, but she won't kill you." I said, shrugging. I get a little bit of protest from Cracker as Katakuri shakes his head. "YN, Mama is... spontaneous. She may kill me just because she couldn't catch Luffy." He says, letting out a small sigh. "But so be it, I am not afraid of the woman." He shakes his head defiantly. "This island would fall apart without you." I said, staring at him, "Katakuri-sama, you've just gotta be more careful next time." I comment. 

Cracker stares at me in an angry manner after that. "Oh, uh, did I do something wrong?" I ask him, tilting my head. "Yeah, you ain't watching what you say." He said, folding his arms. "What? All I was doing was telling Katakuri-sama to be careful-" "Thanks, YN. I promise you that I'll be more careful next time. Now, can you go so I can talk to my brother in privacy? Thank you again for the fruit, though." He says. 

I quickly nod and leave the little building, a blush on my face from how kind he treated me. 'I'll see you again, Katakuri.' I think to myself, 'And that time, we'll have a proper conversation.'