(Corazon) Purely Coincidental

Almost one third of the way through Dressrosa! Got nothing on Law's backstory yet, but I'm still a big fan of Cora! Aha but I have read his wiki page, so I know about a lot about him. Thanks for listening to my rant, enjoy the fic!

One day and an entire life can change. I learned that rather recently.

I had went with Corazon and Law to find a cure for the poor boy.

I didn't have much reason to do it other than the fact I was bored out of my skull being Doffy's secretary and I desperately wanted to spend more time with Corazon.

I was close to Cora, he was basically my sweetheart. We spent all our free time together. Everyone was a little talkative about us since we attempted to fake argue so Doffy wouldn't think anything of us. Everyone thought we were just an odd duo.

When Law came in, Cora drastically changed. He seemed more worried and distracted than usual, but eventually he told me he was leaving to find a cure with Law.

Well I came with him.

We traveled around, finally living for once.

Until Doffy found us on a snowy island.

I hid in the shack while Cora hid Law in a chest outside the house while he went and tried to talk to his brother.

The words he said to me before he went outside rang in my mind. "I promise I won't die, just like I told Law." He said, his signature sweet smile on his face.

I curled into a ball and awaited the sign that he was fine, until I heard a gunshot from outside. "CRAP!" I yelled, running outside to assess what was simply going on.

I looked around and saw Cora laying on the ground, bleeding profusely. Law was standing there, staring at the slowly dying Cora. "He's after you too, isn't he." I asked the small boy. Law nodded. "Then run. I'll take care of Cora and find you later." I said, staring directly at him. "But-" He said as I cut him off. "Run, Trafalgar!" I said, starting to pull Cora inside.

I woke up the morning after on the floor. I turned and looked around, hoping it was all a dream. There Cora was, sleeping somehow peacefully next to me. He had hurriedly rapped bandages around his abdomen. 'Thank goodness'. I thought to myself as I looked at Cora who seemed to be ok at the moment.

I sat on the floor next to him, watching him sleep, remembering the events from yesterday.

I still had no idea how I had managed to save him.

Running over the nightmarish day in my head, I pulled Corazon's head into my lap to simply feel he was there.

I sat with Corazon's head in my lap for a while until I noticed he started to wake up. "Morning, YN." He said, reaching up to hold my cheek in his hand. Tears gathered in my eyes as I looked down at Cora who was still smiling at me. "Morning, love." I said, kissing his forehead. "Thanks for yesterday." He said, an innocent look on his face. "Don't ever thank me for that. I also don't deserve any of your praise. I don't know how I managed to save you." I said, pulling Cora in a little closer to me. "I guess it was purely coincidental." He said, chuckling at me. I smiled a little. "You're right." I said, kissing the gentle man once again.