(Yonji) Surreal Surroundings

So anyways, someone requested me to write a Vinsmoke one shot. They didn't care which one, just one of the brothers. So I'm writing more onion man. Enjoy!

It all happened in a flash. From my island burning down, to a war starting over who did it, to the three men of terror being hired to stop the fighting... it all happened so quickly because of a little slip I made.

I sit under a bridge, my legs pulled into my chest. My clothes are dirtied, and I have a large burn mark on my arm. I hear gunshots and rounds of fire above me, and I sit, trying not to cry. I then hear a loud splash and the water erupts next to me, and I jump back a little, scanning the creek for what that might have been.

I let out a small shriek as a green haired man crawls out of the creek, grumbling as he shakes his head. His gaze immediately meets mine, and I gasp, bracing to die at this moment. "You in this war?" He asks, "You don't seem like a combatant." I take a deep breath and shake my head. "No! I'm not a combatant!" I exclaim, trying to scoot as far away from him as possible.

Yet he continues to step closer to me. He gently crouches down and pats the top of my head. "What's your name?" He asks me, "I'm Yonji. The Vinsmoke." He says, helping me up. "I'm YN." I say, my voice shaky, somewhat relying on Yonji to support me. "Can you tell me why you're out here in the middle of the fighting when you're a non-combatant?" He asks me, his tone sharp. "I... I caused all of this." I sputter, making his eyes widen. "Woah!" He exclaims, "How'd you go and do that?" He seems surprisingly entertained and curious about how a single person started a whole war.

I clear my throat, and begin to speak, "Well... I'm part of the royal family." I mumble, "And my family wanted to marry me to some random man from another country." I shake my head, "And like the idiot I was... I refused under any circumstance. Said I'd rather die than marry some random man... and then the other country declared war on us." I say, shaking my head, "I made... such a mistake." I sigh.

Even though I tell him this sob story, he breaks out laughing. "Really? That's how all this garbage started?" He asks, tilting his head before letting out another loud laugh, "You're such a funny lady! You should have accepted that request, but hey, cause of you, I'm getting paid." He gives me a small thumbs up, and I return him a small shaky smile. "Anyways, don't feel too bad. Your old man told my old man that there was a conflict between the countries anyways, that the marriage rejection was just kind of the straw that broke the camel's back, ya know?" He asks, and my eyes widen, "So don't feel too bad." The green haired man smiles down at me as he's helping me away from the battlefield, and I can feel my heart skip a beat. "Yeah... Yeah, I'll try to keep that in mind." I sputter as I look up at him.

Sorry that took so long, guys. So much has happened lately, and I've even got a new phone so I can write fanfics more accessibly and easily! Anyways, once again, I apologize for the late update.