(Kaku) Long Time Coming

More requests! I will at some point have my own little one shots once I finish all the requests! Anyways, until then, enjoy this!

"Hey, hey YN." The voice of a friend of mine echoes throughout the room, snapping me back to life as my mind wanders. "Yeah? What is it, Kaku?" I ask, tilting my head a little as we work on a ship together. "You're staring off again," He says, sitting down his tool belt and walking over to me, "if you keep doing that, you'll end up hurting yourself." He stands behind me, his hands on his hips. "Sorry, sorry!" I sputter, trying not to look back at him.

Even the sight of Kaku makes me flustered nowadays, and I can't even really explain it. He's a wonderful person, at least in my opinion, and he acts so kind towards me... at least I thought.

The sweet memory of us building ships together barely lingers on my tongue as I hear word he's been working for the government agency, CP9.

"We know it may be hard to believe," our company leader, Iceberg, says, "but some of your fellow shipwrights for certain have been working for CP9." He says. I bite my tongue as I hear this news, and the other two don't seem very... enthusiastic about this news either.

Yet there I stand.

Face to face with him.

I went with the Straw-Hats to raid the government island and fight CP9, but I didn't think I'd end up standing in front of the man I once loved.

"YN." He calls out, his tone giving me chills. "What do you want from me?" I choke out, "You lying, piece of garbage." I have to add the last part. "Your being here makes you a criminal, you realize?" He tilts his head, "Why. Why would you come? You had found such favor in my eyes I asked them to spare you. Why did you come?" He steps up to me and tilts my chin up, staring me in the eyes. "Because maybe... maybe I didn't believe that you were a bad guy." I mumble, shaking my head, "I wanted to come here and prove it to myself that you were no one good." I say, tears forming in my eyes. "Dear YN... my dear, old friend... you really can't say you didn't see it coming?"