Chapter 5

Ji-cheol's POV

"Dude I'm saying you should totally get some." Jung Jae spoke on the phone.

"Jung Jae, it's not like that." Ji-cheol assured. "Plus, you do realize that we're talking about Yn right? She's not some bimbo off the streets."

"Yeah, you right but I'm just saying." Jung Jae commented. "And it sounds like you didn't want it to be a hangout, did you want it to be a date?"

"Yes...no...I don't know." Ji-cheol exclaimed. "I do like Yn's company and everything but..."

"But what?" Jung Jae asked.

"Look I just don't know man, I'll talk to you later I'm at her place now." Ji-cheol announced as he hung up the phone. 

Ji-cheol sighed as he knocked on the door. The door opened revealing you in a red sun dress.

"Yn! You're...you're..."

"I'm not wearing black for the first time in forever." You chuckled out as you twirled around. "Do you like it?"

"I mean...it is pretty." Ji-cheol chuckled out. 

Gi-gi meowed as she ran up to Ji-cheol.

"Hey Gi-gi." Ji-cheol greeted as he picked her up. You chuckled at the fact that Gi-gi is an attention hog when it comes to male friends.

"You ready to go?" You asked.

"Oh yeah, most definitely." Ji-cheol responded as he rubbed the back of his neck.

During the walk to the park, you noticed how Ji-cheol's face is turning red as if he was nervous.

"Hey Chipmunk? Are you okay?" You asked.

"Y-yes I'm fine, just a little hot that's all." Ji-cheol lied.

You mentally called bullshit on his reply but you decided to pay no mind to it and both of you continued to walk to the park.

When you two got to the park, you both decided to swing on the swings.

"Mind if I give you a push?" Ji-cheol asked as he got behind you.

"Sure." You replied. 

Ji-cheol began to push you while you giggle.

"Higher, higher Ji-cheol." You laughed out.

Ji-cheol smiled as a flashback began to play in his head.

It was a rainy day out in Seoul National University. Ji-cheol had gotten some sad news about the passing of his grandmother, whom he loved dearly. He was walking on campus with his hands in his pockets and not caring about getting soaked in the rain.

"Halmeoni..." Ji-cheol breathed out as he sat on the bench and began to cry.

All of a sudden, he felt the rain stop pelting him and looked up to see an umbrella hovering above him. 

"Hey, are you alright? You're gonna get sick like this." Ji-cheol heard a female voice say. 

Ji-cheol looked up to see you holding the umbrella.

"I'm...fine." Ji-cheol replied.

"Please, take this umbrella." You offered. "I don't want you to get sick."

"Why does that matter? It's not like I haven't been through worse." Ji-cheol groaned out in sadness.

You sat next to him, still holding the umbrella over him.