Chapter 53

Maggie's POV

Karma sat there and sobbed.

"I don't know what to do anymore." Karma cried out. "If I tell him he's gonna have me abort it, or give it to the system."

Maggie and Tex both were trying their best to console Karma.

"He's gonna find out either way." Big T pointed out.

"If he do, then he's gonna be in trouble because of him sexually abusing an inmate." Maggie pointed out.

"Matter of fact, Karma...do you want to keep this baby? You don't have to if you feel like you're not ready to be a mother." Razor Blade asked in a soft voice.

Karma sniffled as she looked down at her belly.

"My mom would've wanted me to have a kid." Karma spoke. "She'd say that one day, I'd make a great mother."

Maggie smiled.

"You like kids?" Maggie asked.

"Always have and always will." Karma replied with a soft chuckle. 

"Hey, I don't mean to pry but...how did you end up here?" Scarlet Letter asked. "I heard it was 1st Degree Murder."

Karma sighed as she wiped away her tears.

"I...killed my aunt after I caught her trying to molest my little brother." Karma replied.

Maggie felt her heart drop after she said that.

"Yo...what the fuck?" Maggie exclaimed. "Why are you in here? She should be in here!"

"One of my cousins testified against me in court, despite me telling everyone what she did and why I did it." Karma replied. "I guess women get no justice at all."

"Nobody gets justice at all." Maggie stated. "Women are one of the main groups followed by black people, and males. No one gets the same in the end, and I wanna say that's the hypocrisy within equality; everyone is fighting for what's right for them when they don't give the exact same respect and empathy towards others who are wanting the same thing everybody else wants." Maggie preached.

"That's facts." Razor Blade agreed.

"So, what am I gonna do?" Karma asked. "Even if I do the right thing, it's still gonna end up making shit worse."

"Well, doing the right thing doesn't go as you expect it to be. However, it's its own reward." Tex explained.

"And hey, if you think you can't do this alone...I'll find a way to help you." Maggie offered.

"Me too." Razor Blade jumped in.

"Same here." Scarlet Letter added in.

"Y'all are gonna need an enforcer for this." Big T stated as she balled up her fists.

Karma smiled as she felt herself being surrounded by so much support.

Officer Shelby approached them.

"Hey, I need to speak to you two real quick." Officer Shelby announced pointing at Karma and Maggie.

Karma nervously got up as she followed Officer Shelby with Maggie behind them.

Maggie looked at the corner of her eye to see Officer Roy glaring at her like he wants to kill her.

Maggie did not care;

No girl, or any person overall, deserves to be someone's toy.

"You go Maggie, you go girl." Friendship cheered.