Chapter 58

Yn's POV

For the past few weeks...they were hell. We all could go through one book meeting without acknowledging the empty seat where Anupam sat.

It's August now, and today's Anupam's funeral.

I remember how Anupam would say that if he were to die, he didn't want us to cry at his funeral because he wanted us to be glad that he was happy to meet people like us. However, when I saw his casket closed. I get a mental image of how he look like in the casket.

Hae-soo was the one giving the eulogy and what he said made me want to break Anupam's promise on not crying at his funeral.

We've all met Anupam when we were only in teens or college kids. He was the sun on our cloudy day, the shoulder we needed to cry on, and the one who gives us words of wisdom whenever we didn't know what to do. Anupam never asked for anything in return whenever he helps others. He's the type of person who you'd think was raised by angels. Well, he was indeed. However, we are all sad to see Anupam leave us so soon, but we're happy that Heaven has received an angel.

After the funeral, we all went to Anupam's house. Ji-cheol stepped up and placed a portrait of Anupam on the porch. Me, Yoo-mi and Jung Jae then surrounded the portrait with peonies since they were Anupam's favorite flower. Hae-soo then place a rock that had something written on it like a tombstone.

Anupam Tripathi;

Friend, Guider, and Wise Man

I sniffled as I felt a rain drop drip on my nose.

One thing my mom told me about when it comes to raining and funerals is that it means that the person is in Heaven and the rain is them weeping from above.

I looked up at the sky to feel the rain drops as I closed my eyes.

"Don't worry guys, I'll be watching you from above. It has been an honor to have you guys in my life."

"And it's been an honor to have you in our lives as well." I thought as I smiled.

A few months had went by as everyone continued to live their lives the best they could.

With Maggie she's still in jail because she still gotta serve her time as promised. However, she said that she'll be fine in there. I heard from Yoo-mi that In-na ended up in the same jail place as her after she got sentence to life for murdering Anupam and kidnapping Si An.

Flashback

As In-na got into her cell and changed into her jumpsuit. She walked back out and went to the bathroom. When she did her business, she looked up to see herself surrounded by Maggie, Big T, Scarlet Letter, Tex, Razor Blade, and Karma.

"Remember me?" Maggie asked. "I'm the friend of the guy you killed."

In-na quivered, much to the girls' delight.

"Hey, ever wonder why they call me Razor Blade?" Razor Blade asked.

"And why they call me Karma?" Karma added in.

To be honest, after what In-na did...I'm surprised she wasn't sentenced to death. But, I know Maggie and her crew is there giving her hell.

With Jung Jae, he told me a few days ago that Giselle had came up to his house one day and this is how it went;

"Giselle? What are you doing here?" Jung Jae asked.

"Hey, I missed you." Giselle answered. "How have you been?"