Chapter 33

Yn's POV

Ahhh, Christmas; my favorite holiday ever. 

Well, it's not Christmas yet but, you get the gist.

Right now, I'm at work where we're having our annual Christmas party. We usually hold our party 2 days before Christmas since Dong Wook wants everyone to celebrate with their family on Christmas day.

"Ohh, I'm so excited for Christmas coming up." Joo-ryung chuckled out. "Me and Ae-Cha are seeing family for Christmas."

"That's nice." I commented as I sipped a cup of hot chocolate.

"Have you've seen Dong Wook lately? I felt like he's been in his office all day." Joo-ryung stated.

That's...actually true. I haven't seen Dong Wook the minute I stepped in.

I decided to walk off to see what's up with him, leaving Joo-ryung alone.

Joo-ryung's POV

The minute you walked off, Sung-tae appeared.

"Um, Merry Christmas Joo-ryung." Sung-tae spoke in a nervous tone.

"Merry Christmas Sung-tae." Joo-ryung replied in the same tone.

Then there was awkward silence.

"So...any plans for Christmas?" Joo-ryung asked.

"Nothing really, just drinking some egg nog and getting Namhani and Naju some cat toys as gifts." Sung-tae answered nonchalantly.

"No family to visit?" Joo-ryung asked, feeling a bit concerned.

Sung-tae shook his head.

"Me and my family aren't close like that." Sung-tae explained. "Especially when it came to me and my brothers."

"Poor guy." Joo-ryung thought.

"How's your daughter?" Sung-tae asked.

"She's well, ever since she saw your cats she's been asking Santa for a cat this Christmas." Joo-ryung explained as Sung-tae chuckled.

"And I'm guessing you're not gonna get her one because you're not a fan of cats?" Sung-tae asked.

Joo-ryung cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I-I-I'm sorry, that was crass of me." Sung-tae quickly apologized.

"It's alright, I never had any pets growing up, so I wouldn't say that I'm not a fan of cats, but rather I'd never had the chance to interact with one or...any other animals in general." Joo-ryung spoke.

"Well, I wish I could invite you to my place so you could see them but, I'm sure they'll hide since I rarely have company over." Sung-tae stated.

Joo-ryung chuckled.

"Well, I heard that's common in cats for them to hide when they see a person they don't know." Joo-ryung pointed out.

"Yes, that is true." Sung-tae chuckled.

"Hey! Y'all two both realize what you're standing over right?" A co-worker called out to the two of them.

Both of them looked up to see a mistletoe hanging above their heads.

"How long was that right there?" Sung-tae asked.

"I have no clue." Joo-ryung replied.

Both of them then locked eyes with each other then looked away with their faces red.

"Um, I should go get more hot chocolate." Joo-ryung stated as she walked off.

"And...I should go...do whatever." Sung-tae announced as he walked away as well.