Chapter 18

Yn's POV

After I left the bookstore, I sighed.

"Are me and Ji-cheol really friends after that?" I thought to myself.

"Maybe he doesn't wanna look at you after that." Anxiety whispered into my ear. "He probably lied in order to break off the friendship with you."

I continued to walk home as the thoughts continue to consume my mind.

When I got to my apartment, I bumped into Ha Jun.

"Oh hey neighbor!" Ha Jun greeted with a big smile.

"H-hey Ha Jun." I greeted in an uneasy tone.

"Why so glum chum?" Ha Jun asked.

"I-it's nothing, I promise." I lied.

Ha Jun cocked an eyebrow.

"I know that look anywhere, that's the look of sadness." Ha Jun announced.

"You almost sound like one of my friends." I stated.

"So, what's the problem?" Ha Jun asked.

"Huh? I don't think I should be venting my problems to you, I'm sure you're pretty busy with your tour and everything." I declined.

"No worries, I'm pretty much free all night." Ha Jun assured me. "Plus, I like being the person who anyone can vent to."

Ha Jun grabbed me by the hand and led me into his apartment. 

When I walked in, Ha Jun set me down on the couch.

"Can I get you anything? Water? Juice?" Ha Jun offered as he opened the fridge.

"No thank you." I declined.

Ha Jun grabbed a drink and sat down next to me on the couch.

"Alright, tell your potential friend what's the matter." Ha Jun ordered.

"Well...um..." I began.

2 minutes later

"And that's what happened." I finished.

"Well, your friend, Anupam, does have a point." Ha Jun stated. "Just because you had an embarrassing moment, doesn't mean you and him aren't friends after that, unless he said that he doesn't wanna be friends anymore."

"Well, I really don't know what's the status of the relationship between me and Ji-cheol right now." I spoke.

"And it'll remain a mystery unless you ask him." Ha Jun pointed out.

"I guess you're right..." I muttered out. "Speaking of relationships, I should probably get outta here before Ho-yeon comes in and gets the wrong idea." I got up.

"Oh no worries, she knows that there's nothing between us." Ha Jun reassured me. "She actually likes you."

I was unsure of that.

"Trust me, Ho-yeon may look like she can kill people with a single glare, but she's a kind woman once you get to know her." Ha Jun explained.

"I was wondering and I know this is not my business but, is Ho-yeon your girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yes, yes she is...and you're the first person to know that." Ha Jun replied.

"Wait really?" I asked.

"Yeah...I don't share my life much with people, especially when it comes to relationships." Ha Jun explained. "I don't want people to know my life like that for the wrong reasons."