Chapter 6

Yn's POV

I was at work, on time this fucking time, making my coffee when Joo-ryung approached me.

"So, how did it go?" Joo-ryung squealed out like a fangirl.

"It went great, we stopped a woman trying to kidnap a little girl." I replied.

"Really!? That's actually pretty heroic." Joo-ryung commented.

"Yeah but, after we got back from the park...he kissed my forehead and left." I explained as a light blush appeared on my face.

"Ohh, that can be some progress." Joo-ryung stated. "Maybe he's the type to take things slow."

"Maybe so, I mean, it was just a hangout day...nothing more." I pointed out.

"But, maybe he would want to ask you out on a date one day." Joo-ryung assured.

"I-I-I really...don't know about dating." I sighed out.

"Why not?" Joo-ryung asked.

I bit my lip anxiously as a flashback began to play in my head.

It was during my Freshman year of high school. I was dating this one boy but I kept our relationship a secret from my family because I don't want them to disapprove of my relationship with him. The boy wasn't a perv or anything, he was a really nice guy who always walked me to the bus stop and sometimes bought me my favorite snacks.

As a teenager, hormones were polluting the air. That was when lust officially came into the mental picture. During one time, I was being a bit...seductive with my then boyfriend over text messages. It was a big mistake to do it over at my grandma's house however.

"Who are you texting?" My grandma asked.

"N-no one?" My 14-year-old self lied.

My grandma didn't believe me.

"So if you're not talking to anyone, then you would let me see your phone." My grandma stated.

I couldn't back out from that one because she would've forced me to have her go through my phone either way so I gave in. My grandma saw the messages and went nuts.

"WHO THE HELL IS THIS BOY!?" My grandma yelled as she shoved the phone in my face.

"H-he's my boyfriend." I replied trying to fight back the tears that were about to spill out of my eyes.

"NO THE HELL HE'S NOT! HE'S JUST TRYING TO GET ONE THING OUT OF YOU!" My grandma yelled. 

I began to bawl.

"NO HE'S NOT! HE'S NICE GUY WHO ESCORTS ME TO THE BUS SPOT EVERYTIME AFTER SCHOOL!" I cried out.

Well, that sorta backfired as I felt a sting on my face.

"WATCH WHO THE HELL YOU ARE YELLING AT!" My grandma yelled at me. "You think you're so mature huh?"

I stood there, frozen while holding my cheek, until my grandma grabbed me by the arm.

"ANSWER ME!" My grandma screamed into my face.

"I never said that I was mature." I choked out.

"I'm so sick of your smart ass mouth!" My grandma yelled as she shoved me to the couch.

You were the one who asked!

"You think just because you're in high school, you can do whatever with whoever huh? New flash; Lemme find out that you trying to be fast with all these boys at your school and I swear I will forbid you to see this boy and I will disown you as my granddaughter!" My grandma threatened. "You remind me of your damn mother whenever she meets a guy who even makes her smile."