Chapter 21

Yn's POV

I squealed excitedly as I continued to put up the decorations on my front door.

"Ah, excited for Halloween huh?" Mr. O asked as he walked down the hallway.

"Very excited." I replied. "Halloween has been my favorite since my college years."

Mr. O let out a hearty chuckle.

"You remind me so much of my daughter." Mr. O stated. "Ever since she moved to the USA, she's been in love with Halloween ever since."

I smiled. I always find it sweet when the elderly talks about family.

"Well, I'mma let you get back to your decorating." Mr. O announced as he walked off.

When I put the last decoration on the door, my phone vibrated a text from Hae-soo.

Hae-soo: Hey there's a costume party happening at this club tonight. Anyone wanna go?

Me: Sure I'll tag along. I'm dressing up as a fallen angel.

Hae-soo: Nice

Maggie: Count me in! I'm dressing up as Poison Ivy

Anupam: I'll join you all on this social event. 

Jung Jae: Sorry, I can't go. I just got a call from Giselle saying that she wants me to meet her friends at a Halloween party.

Hae-soo: Really? But you always want to go to a party with us.

Jung Jae: It doesn't hurt to miss one. Plus, since I'm in a relationship now...I feel like Giselle should be my top priority, so I guess I'm out of the player's game.

Anupam: Good for you Jung Jae :) it's nice that you're being committed into a relationship. Love is a beautiful thing.

Jung Jae: Yes, yes it is :D.

I smiled.

"It's nice that he finally found someone." I thought to myself.

"But what about you? Jung Jae found someone, but the one who you liked didn't like you the way you did, and now you him aren't friends because of your love for him." Anxiety whispered into my ear.

I sighed as I went back into the apartment to get ready for work.

When I got to the work place, I was already greeted by Joo-ryung and her daughter, Ae-Cha.

"Hi Ms. Ln!" Ae-cha squeaked out.

I couldn't help but be in awe at the sight of her in her cute little bumble bee costume.

"Hello Ae-Cha, have you've been a good girl?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am, my mommy said I could come here today." Ae-Cha explained.

"My mom's picking her up after I clock out, so I picked her up early from school." Joo-ryung explained.

"Does Mr. Lee know?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's pretty much chill with having a kid or two be here." Joo-ryung assured.

"Mommy, can I go to the bathroom?" Ae-Cha asked.

"Do you know where it is?" Joo-ryung asked. Ae-Cha nodded as she walked off.

"She looks so cute in her bee costume." I chuckled out.

"I know right, she was gushing over it when I took her out shopping a few days ago." Joo-ryung explained as she sipped her coffee. "I'm telling you, kids are a blessing."