Chapter 44

Maggie's POV

Those two days have passed quick. There standing at the defendant booth is Maggie and alongside across from her at the plaintiff booth is none other than Giselle Puttana.

"Your honor, I would like to find the defendant guilty of assault." Giselle's Lawyer declared while pointing at Maggie.

Maggie looked to see Yoo-mi with a sad look on her face.

"What have you done?" Shame whispered out.

"Miss Jones, what do have that proclaims your innocence?" The judge asked.

Maggie knew that she wasn't gonna win this.

"Nothing your honor, I take full responsibility for my actions." Maggie mumbled defeatedly.

Murmurs began to fill the court room after Maggie said that.

The judge raised an eyebrow, a bit surprised that Maggie was giving up that easily.

"Very well then..." The judge spoke as he cleared his throat. "I hearby sentence you to 1 year in Seoul's Correctional Facility." The judge declared as he banged the gavel.

"Maggie no!" Yoo-mi yelled as she tried to run up to her only to be ushered away by one of the security guards.

Two guards grabbed Maggie by the arms and escorted her out of the courtroom.

Yoo-mi's POV

Yoo-mi looked to see Giselle with the evilest smirk on her face then felt her blood boil. Hae-soo saw this and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't, it'll make things worse." Hae-soo advised her.

Yoo-mi felt her eyes beginning to sting as tears began to form into her eyes.

"GET OVER THERE AND CLAW THAT BITCH'S EYES OUT!!!" Anger roared.

"I...can't...stand her." Yoo-mi gritted through her teeth. "That's it...I'm getting my revenge on her." Yoo-mi thought to herself as her and Hae-soo walked out the court room.

"Hae-soo, do you know where Jung Jae is?" Yoo-mi asked.

"It's 12:30 in the afternoon, if I had to guess he's at the bar." Hae-soo replied checking his watch.

"Good." Yoo-mi spoke as she began to walk to go find the bar where Jung Jae is located.

Hae-soo looked at her confused as he began to follow her.

"Wait, why you wanna know?" Hae-soo asked.

"I just need him for a bit of payback." Yoo-mi replied as a big smile appeared on her face.

Dong Wook's POV

Dong Wook sighed as he looked to see your empty desk. You were taking a mental health day today, so you were unavailable to come to work. The memory of you getting physical with your grandma began to play in his head, making him shudder.

"Never seen her get so mad before in my life." Dong Wook thought to himself as he walked back into his office. He looked at his phone and thought about calling you to check on you. Dong Wook unlocked his phone to see your contact name then his thumb was hovering over the call button.

"Give her some space." Self Control ordered. "Time will heal her eventually."

Dong Wook turned off his phone and set it back on the desk.

He sat at his desk then looked over at the picture of you two at the Tunnel of Love. His face turned red as he chuckled and smiled.

"Awww he misses her already." Love sighed out.