Chapter 43

Maggie's POV

When they got to the police station, Maggie was thrown right into the holding cell.

"Listen man, I don't know what she told you but she had it coming from the get go!" Maggie yelled.

Officer 2 ignored her as they went back to the desk.

"Yeah, yeah just hurry up and make your phone call." Officer 2 replied in a nonchalant tone. "You got a court case on your hands first thing Wednesday morning." Officer 2 informed.

"Damn, how early did this bitch plan this?" Maggie thought to herself as she went to the phone to dial someone.

"H-hello?" A female voice answered.

"Yoo-mi, it's me." Maggie announced.

"Maggie! Where are you?" Yoo-mi asked in a panicked tone.

"At the police station. I'm in a holding cell." Maggie explained.

"I know Giselle called the cops on you, and I'm sure she did this out of spite!" Yoo-mi exclaimed.

"I know about that, but what I don't know is that why is she still tripping over me when it was her fault for fucking with ol' boy." Maggie stated.

"I don't know, maybe she's doing it because she knows that what she did was wrong." Yoo-mi stated.

"Yeah, but I gotta serve a court case on Wednesday this week." Maggie informed.

Yoo-mi went silent, but Maggie heard her sniffling, meaning that she was getting ready to cry.

"Yoo-mi, Yoo-mi, calm down...I'll be fine." Maggie tried to assure her.

"B-but, what if she gets you sentenced to life or something?" Yoo-mi asked trying her hardest not to cry.

"I doubt that'll happen." Maggie denied with a scoff. "Plus assault is usually resulted in a minor sentence, I guess depending on how severe the assault was." Maggie explained.

"Still! You didn't deserve this!" Yoo-mi cried out.

"To be honest, if Giselle were to throw the first punch, what Maggie did would've been self defense." Common Sense explained. "Since all Giselle did was trash talk and Maggie attacked her, then yeah Maggie's in hot water completely."

Maggie sighed.

"No, no, this is a price that I have to pay." Maggie mumbled, feeling defeated.

"The only time where I shouldn't have been needed." Anger sighed out as they shrunk back to their normal form.

"But, what about the bachelorette party?" Yoo-mi asked.

"Tell Yn to tell Ho-yeon that I won't make it." Maggie explained.

Yoo-mi sighed.

"Why does it have to be like this?" Yoo-mi whined out.

"Well, my pops used to say that actions will always have consequences." Maggie pointed out. "I guess he wasn't bullshitting from the start."

"Don't worry, we'll find a way to bail you out, I promise." Yoo-mi assured Maggie.

Maggie chuckled softly at Yoo-mi dedication.

"I appreciate it, but I don't know how the law works here in South Korea." Maggie admitted.

"Don't matter, I'll do everything I could to make sure you're out of there." Yoo-mi declared.

"Yoo-mi, I've dug my grave and I'll lie in it." Maggie assured. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. You know I'm tough." Maggie pointed out.

"Y-yeah." Yoo-mi stammered out.