Chapter 1

"There's no way that I'm gonna get up!" I groaned loudly as my mum pulled down my bed sheets. "You have to sweetie; we have a long day ahead of us." I just groaned again.

"My bed is my friend and if my friend needs me I'll stay with him." I mumbled as I pulled my pillow over my face. My mum laughed at my response "Well to me it seems like you need your friend more than he needs you."

I pulled my pillow down a bit so I could look at my mother. "You do have a good point. But why do I need to get up so early it's not like I've got anything planned for today." I looked at her with confusion written on my face.

"There are a lot of things we still need to unpack so get your lazy ass up and go eat breakfast, I made pancakes." She gave me a kiss on my forehead before walking out of the room.

I groaned once again, which you probably noticed I do quite often, and sat up, stretching me. I looked back at my bed and spoke for myself "I'm gonna come back baby, don't miss me too much." I then stood up and got ready. I took a shower and got dressed in light blue skinny jeans and my 'Ramones' shirt. I didn't bother blow drying my hair and just let it fall on my shoulders.

My mum and I moved here yesterday. The reason why we did move her is because my parents got divorced recently and my mum decided that it'll be the best if we get away from everything and press the restart button. I can understand my mum perfectly fine; it's not really a pleasing sight when you catch your husband in bed with another girl who could be your daughter. It's just gross, the girl was only a few years older than me and I'm 17. Definitely awkward.

My mum, my dad and I moved from the UK to Florida when I was 4. My father had a job offer and my parents decided to move here. But after the divorce my mum wanted to be as far away from him as possible and decided to move all the way from Florida to California.

I didn't mind the moving because I needed a new start as well. And besides that I do not want to be near my dad anytime soon. What he did to my mum is just pathetic; she was broken because of it.

I walked down the stairs and smiled at my mum as I walked into the kitchen, sitting on the small table that was in the kitchen. I felt really sorry for her, for what my dad did to her but I'm glad she's moved on from it, she deserves so much better.

I grinned at the plate full with pancakes in front of me and took a bite immediately. My mum's pancakes are seriously the best. It's like you're eating heaven, just perfect. It feels like falling in love, it's just so much better.

"I'm gonna start bringing more boxes from the car to the house. I would appreciate it if you'd help me after you've finished eating." She said and gave me a kiss on the head before making her way outside.

I soon finished eating and put the platen into the sink. I really hope we're getting a dish washer soon.

After I cleaned the plate I walked outside to help with my mum. My eyebrows furrowed lightly as I saw my mum talking with another woman. She has dark hair and looked really good for her age which I guess would be around my mums.

"Oh, Hi Brittany!" my mum called as she saw me. "Come and meet Mrs. Styles."

I walked over to them and smiled at the woman. "Hi, I'm Brittany." I stretched my hand out for her to shake.

"There's one thing you need to know about the Styles family," she started. My heart beat quickened slightly, did I say something wrong? "We don't to handshakes, we do hugs." She smiled widely at me and pulled my into a quick hug. I was so relieved, I thought I did something wrong but then again I'm always scared that I do something wrong.

"Oh and just call me Anne by the way." She smiled at both, my mum and I.

After some small talk I got to know that Anne was our neighbour and had two children.

"Would you like to eat dinner with us today?" Anne asked. "That would be lovely!" My mum replied. After a while my mum and I returned to getting the boxes from the car, we were invited for dinner at 6pm which gave us enough time to unpack the things that were left.

+

"Brittany, get ready we're leaving in 10 minutes!" my mum called from downstairs.

I was sitting on my bed and read 'the maze runner'. The book is amazing but I prefer the movie. The only reason why I prefer the movie is because of Dylan O'Brien, damn that boy is fine.

"Okay mum!" I replied and put my bookmark into the book. I got up from my bed and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I scrunched my nose up slightly at the sight and decided to put on some makeup. I used some concealer underneath my eyes to hide my eye bags and on some spots I had. I then put on some mascara and brushed through my hair. I

I took my shirt off since I wore it to carry boxes and unpack my things. I put on a white, rather tight top and put on some decent perfume. I checked myself one last time in the mirror and ran my hands through my wavy hair in case I have any tangles left. I then grabbed my phone from my bed, shoving it in my back pocket and walking down the stairs to the door where my mum already waited for me.

"Ready to go?" She asked me and I replied with, "Yep.", popping the 'p'.

We walked out and my mum locked the door before we made our way to the house next to us, to Anne.

comment, vote, share :)