Chapter 2

I knocked on the door and took a few steps back after I did so. I looked at my mum for a second and she sent me a smile. Just a few seconds later the door opened and Anne was standing there with a big smile plastered on her face.

She immediately pulled my mum and then me in a hug before leading us inside. The house was quite big and it looked lovely, you just felt comfortable.

"It's so nice to see you!" Anne smiled widely and you just couldn't help and smile back. "I really hope you like Chicken." "I love Chicken!" I immediately spoke up and my mum chuckled at me, so did Anne.

"Yeah, we really like Chicken, Thanks for the invitation, Anne." My mum thanked her.

"Harry! We have guests!" Anne called and I could hear footsteps from the floor above us. I assume Harry is her son since she already told my mum and me that she's got two children.

The footsteps soon got more noticeable. I looked towards the stairs and my eyes widened slightly. Never did I expect Anne's son to be so handsome. He's quite tall and you could see his muscles through his black shirt. He's got a mop of curly hair on top of his head which may I add look perfect. He smiled at us as he walked down and dimples appeared on his cheeks. My eyes finally met his and I was shocked as his emerald ones already looked into mine. His eyes are the most beautiful colour I've ever seen, such a clear green... I was speechless.

 "Harry, this is Katherine and her daughter Brittany." Anne introduced us as Harry stood next to us. "Nice to meet you, I'm Harry." He introduced himself and kissed my mums cheeks before he looked at me.

He smiled brightly and I smiled back at him. "You must be Brittany then." I nodded in response. "You can see where you've got your beauty from." He grinned and looked quickly at my mum. I swear I could see a light blush on my mum's cheeks. I wasn't looking any better; I could feel the heat on my cheeks as he just grinned at me.

"Would you mind showing Brittany the house while Katherine and I drink some tea?" Anne asked and turned towards Harry. He shook his head and soon my mum and Anne walked in what I suppose is the kitchen.

"I guess I'll show you around then." He smiled at me, showing his dimples and I nodded slightly in response.

"This is the living room... in which we watch TV in, you know the usual stuff..." he chuckled slightly and I couldn't help but giggle. "No way I thought you eat here!" I said sarcastically, a smile plastered on my face. Harry looked at me with surprise written all over his face. "You're British?" he asked excitedly, like a little school boy.

"Yeah, I am." I sent him a smile which he returned.                           

+

The house tour was over after a few minutes and Anne told us that dinner would be ready in half an hour so we decided to go to Harry's room, which he hasn't shown me yet.

"And this is my room." He said as he opened the door. I stepped inside and I have to say he's quite clean for a boy. There was a king size bed in the middle of the room and a TV on the other side, I suppose so he can watch TV in bed. On the right side of his bed was a desk and besides that a shelf with some things in it. I also noticed a few books on his nightstand, even some that I already read.

I didn't even noticed Harry sitting down on his bed until he started speaking. "It's not much but I like it." I looked at him and he shrugged his shoulders slightly as he finished the sentence. "I love it!" I sat down next to him on his bed.

"You're British, why did you move to America?" Harry asked me and I couldn't help and look at his perfect pink lips moving.

"I moved here when I was really young, my dad got a job in Florida and we decided to move. And since my mum and dad just got a divorce we moved here to California." I explained and he nodded now and then, watching me as I spoke and listening to my words.

"What about you?"

"I moved here 4 years ago and because of pretty much the same reason. My parents got divorced too but my dad is still in England." He said and lay down on his bed.

"Which school will you be going to?" he prepped himself up on his elbow and looked at me.

"Beacon Hills high school."

"No way, are you gonna be a senior?" he asked me and I nodded. "Well, hopefully we'll have a few classes together then." He grinned at me.

"Yeah, hopefully." I smiled.

+

After we ate dinner, which was more than delicious, Harry and I went back up to his room.

"What about we play a game?" I suggested and Harry nodded.

"Yeah, good idea. What about 20 questions?"

"Sounds good."

"Okay, hmm... What are your hobbies?" Harry asked me and looked at me with a small smile.

"I don't really have a lot of hobbies actually... But I guess watching TV and reading." I blushed at how boring I actually am. I really need to start socializing more, for real. "Okay, what is your favourite movie?"

"Fast and Furious, definitely." He answered, what a typical boy but I do have to admit that the movie is great. "What are your plans for the future?"

"That's a hard one Mister Styles." I chuckled. "But probably just that I'll graduate high school, get a job that's paid well and eventually find someone and start a family. I just want to be happy in the future." I shrugged my shoulders and Harry nodded slightly. "Agreed." He said.

"What are your hobbies?" I asked him the same question he asked me before. "Oh wow, how unoriginal." He chuckled and I hit him playfully on his arm, causing him to laugh. "I liked a good party now and then." He said.

"That's not a hobby! C'mon there must be something else."

"I like playing the guitar and singing." He said a bit quieter and fumbled with his rings around his fingers. "Sing me something!" I excitedly said, sitting straight up.

"No way!" he scoffed. "I don't like singing in front of people, I'm not comfortable doing it. Anyways, where in the world would you like to travel to?" he changed the topic.

"I would love to travel to Australia when I'm older." He looked at me with a smile. "Me too." He said.

+

Around 11pm my mum thought it's time for us to go home. "Thank you so much for dinner, Anne. We really enjoyed it." My mum said as she hugged Anne goodbye. I hugged her as well and thanked her for inviting us. Harry kissed my mums cheeks just like he did when we arrived. He then turned towards me.

"Bye Brittany, I'll see you soon hopefully."

We then walked back over to our house and I fell asleep whilst thinking about a beautiful pair of green eyes.

vote, comment, share .xx