Chapter 40

Harry opened the car door for me and I stepped inside. He closed to door and hurried over to the other side of his car, getting in as well. As both our seatbelts were buckled he started the engine and soon we were on the street, Harry's eyes on the road.

My hand was on my thigh and I was surprised by him covering it with his own, his fingers resting in the space that was between my own. I smiled at our entwined hands and then looked up at him.

He looked absolutely, stunningly hot. His hand that wasn't entwined with mine as on the steering wheel. His jaw line looked even sharper than it usually does due the light and I swear you could sharpen knives with his jaw line. His eyes were a bright green and a small smirk was on his lips, making his dimples pop.

"You're staring at me, love." He chuckled lowly, looking at me for a few seconds before fixing his eyes on the road again. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, causing the heat to rise and giving them a red colour. His smirk was bigger now; he probably caught a glimpse of my blush.

"Aren't I allowed to look at my boyfriend?" I was grinning slightly, still watching him. A few weeks ago I could not be like that around Harry; I'd blush at whatever he did. I did blush a lot, still, but I was way more confident around him than I used to be.

We soon arrived at a place I did not know at all. I wasn't paying much attention to where we were driving, my gaze was fixed on Harry the whole time, and not that much time had passed. But then again, whenever I was with Harry I lost track of time and the time seemed to pass by faster than ever.

Harry got out of the car and the gentleman he is, he opened the car door for me. I smiled widely at him and stepped out of the car, giving him a quick kiss. He closed the door again and locked his car. My eyes wandered around the area. There were palm trees on the other side of the road and I could see the clear, blue ocean only a few feet away. On the other side, the one we were currently on, were a few stores and I noticed the ice cream store that wasn't too far away. The weather was amazing, too, and I was glad that I only wore shorts and a top this day, along with some vans. The sun was shining brightly and I was pretty sure that if I were bare feet, I would've burned my feet.

I jumped a bit as I felt Harry's arm wrap around my waist and he pressed a kiss on my cheek.

"I thought coming here would be a great idea since it's our last full day in LA so why not go to a nice place?" He removed his hand from around my waist and entwined it with mine. We started waking to the ice cream store, I guessed.

The cool air met us as we entered the store. Harry ordered for both of us, raspberry and watermelon for me and Cookies and cream for himself. As I got out money of my wallet he insisted, saying that he's the man who's spoiling his lady. Her paid for both of us and then handed me my ice cream cone before we walked outside.

"Thank you for paying, you really didn't have to." I took a lick of the ice cream, and if I could I would've rolled my eyes to the back of my head. Ice cream is just such an amazing invention.

"Everything for my princess." He gave my hand a light squeeze followed by his glamorous and charming smile as we walked towards the beach.

We both had our ice creams finished before we reached the beach. As we finally did reach the beach we took off our shoes and I felt the warm sand between my toes, making a smile reach my face. I took my shoes in my hands and so did Harry.

Our fingers entwined together once again as we walked towards the water, the waves weren't big and the whole scenes was just beautiful.

I let go of Harry's hand and he looked confusedly at me, his eyebrows furrowed together, making a crease appear between his brows.