Chapter 9

Harry's POV

I said goodbye to Brittany, hugging her tightly before she walked the few steps back to her house. I closed the front door once she was out of sight and smiled to myself. I'm probably going to sound like a girl but I loved spending time with her and comforting her.

"What are you so happy about?" My mum asked me as I stepped into the living room, a grin still plastered on my face. I shrugged lightly.

"Nothing." I plopped down on the couch next to her.

"I'm your mother, Harold. I know it's something. What is it? A girl?" She turned the volume of the TV down and turned her body towards me, giving me her full attention.

"What? A girl? Pffft no!" I laughed and started playing with my rings.

"C'mon Harry, I'm not blind." She smiled at me.

I let out a long sigh. "It's Brittany. I just can't get her out of my mind and I've only known her for four days. I was really happy to be able to comfort her tonight, you know, her being in my arms and stuff." I admitted to my mum, feeling really girly all of a sudden.

"I knew something was up with the two of you." Her smile grew, "Make a move if you like her." She suggested.

"I can't do that mum!" I groaned in frustration. Mum looked confused at me, wanting me to continue speaking.

"She's going on a date this Friday, with Jackson." I felt myself getting angrier and mentioning his name, oh how I hate that fucking twat. He knew exactly that I do like Brittany, I haven't told him but guys just know that kinda stuff, we're not as complicated as girls

"So what? Just because Jackson is going on a date with her doesn't mean that you can't win her heart. Don't let people keep you away from things that make you happy. If you like her, go for it." I thought about the words of my mum for a few seconds, she did indeed have a point.

"I'm gonna change her mind about going on a date with him." I said confidently.

Saying things is easy but doing the action is sometimes quite difficult.

+

Thursday went by pretty fast, I was spending time with Brittany just like I did the day before, and I really do like this girl. It seems like I've known her for such a long time and she's just so fucking beautiful. How could you not like her?

It was now Friday afternoon (School ended at 12am) and I lay on my bed, scrolling through my phone. Brittany told me that she's never been on a date before and she wanted me to help her on how she should be acting. I already had a plan in mind.

After a few minutes my door opened without a knock and just as I was about to give my mum a lecture about how she should knock when she's coming into my room but just as I was about to start complaining, I heard Brittany. "Hi."

A smile crept across my face as I looked up and saw Brittany standing there. I got up from my bed and walked over towards her, pulling her into a hug.

"Excited for the date?" I pretended, as if I care about that.

"Eh," was all she said after I pulled away from the hug, sitting down on my bed again.

Brittany was standing in front of me and my eyes wandered up and down her body. She wore a cute, floral dress and looked beautiful as always.

"I don't know what to do on the date." A frustrating groan left her mouth. "I don't know anything about him and I don't want it to be awkward at our date but I have the feeling that it will."