Chapter 56

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes filling my nostrils, making me get up almost immediately. I didn't bother brushing my hair or getting dressed. I stayed in my pyjamas which consisted out of some shorts and one of Harry's black shirts. I headed towards the staircase and walked down, the scent of fresh pancakes getting stronger.

My feet carried me to the kitchen and my smile stretched as I saw my mum sitting on her usual spot, the pancakes standing on a plate next to her.

She looked up from the newspaper she was currently reading, her cup of coffee in her left hand and she smiled widely at me. "Good morning Brittany, how did you sleep?"

"Good I guess." I shrugged my shoulders, sitting down in a chair opposite her. "It was a bit weird sleeping without Harry." I mumbled, my cheeks turning slightly pink.

Her smile widened and she answered, "That's totally normal. How was England?"

"It was absolutely amazing!" I picked up three pancakes and put them on my own plate, putting syrup over it and I started to dig in. "It's probably the best holiday I've ever been on. Everyone was so lovely and Harry's dad is really nice. I got to see so many things and I loved spending so much time with Harry and it was just perfect, I couldn't have imagined it better." I stuffed the fork in my mouth, chewing the pancake and swallowing it, letting the taste of the delicious pancakes fill my mouth and throat.

"I'm glad you had fun." She nodded her head towards me. "I was thinking about a mother daughter day since you've been gone for so long." She suggested after a while of silence and I agreed happily with her. We haven't had a mother daughter day since forever and I have to admit that I missed her.

After finishing breakfast and talking with my mum I headed towards the bathroom and took a shower. I blow dried my hair, letting it fall naturally wavy down my shoulders and I got dressed in some casual jeans and a shirt, along with my vans. I put on some concealer, getting rid of my eye bags and some spots I had.

Mum came up with the idea that we could go to the shopping centre together and buy some things and have lunch there. The car ride wasn't too long and soon we were getting into the nearest stores, trying on several clothing item and dressing each other up. I could even dress my mum up for a date she'll have the next day and I thought she looked absolutely gorgeous.

The hours went by so fast, it was midday soon and we were sitting at Subway, eating out sandwiches and chatting.

"How are things with Harry?" she asked me, taking a sip of her soda.

I smiled at the mention of his name and cleared my throat, putting my sandwich down. "Things between Harry and I are just perfect. He's the best boyfriend I could ever wish for and I love him so much." I admitted.

"You love him? Don't you think that's maybe the wrong way to describe your feelings? I mean you're still really young, only 17."

"I'm 100 percent sure that I love him." I bit down on my lip, looking at my mum who was listening closely to every word I had to say. "I love him so much it sometimes hurts to be away from him, it's like my heart is aching for something. And that something is Harry. He's my other half, he's what completes me. He just makes me so happy and I couldn't imagine what life would be like if I didn't know him. I would do anything for him, I love him so much. And I know he loves me, too."

"My little girl is growing up." My mum said, looking proud. "You understand love better than your father and I ever did, Brittany. Keep that, keep what you and Harry have together and don't let go. It's something special. Special things might be harder to keep but they'll make you so much happier than the normal things."