Chapter 3

I was currently lying on my bed and looked through my news feed on instagram. I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion as I heard our door bell ring. Being the curious me I opened my door and walked to the top of the staircase.

My mum walked towards the door and opened it. Harry was standing there, leaning slightly against the door frame and smiling at my mum. "Oh, hello Harry!" I could practically hear that my mum was smiling.

"Hi Katherine." I smiled back at her, his dimples popping. "What are you doing here?" She asked him "I came here to help Brittany unpack her things. She told me yesterday that she still hasn't finished unpacking her stuff so I thought a helping hand wouldn't hurt."

"She's upstairs in her room. Up the stairs and the second room on the left. If you need anything to drink or to eat just tell me." She stepped aside and let Harry in. he took his shoes off and made his way towards the stairs. I quickly walked back into my room, not wanting to know that I just listened to their conversation like a stalker.

 I heard the footsteps getting closer to my room and I couldn't help the smile making its way on my face. He knocked on my door, what a gentleman, I thought.

"Come in!" I called and the door opened. "Hi." Harry smiled widely and looked at me.

"Hi Harry." I stood up and looked at him. "What are you doing here?" I asked as if I didn't know the answer yet.

"I umm... I thought that you could need some help with unpacking your stuff." He said and scratched the back of his neck.

I smiled widely at him. "Really? Wow, thank you!"

+

We were both sitting on the floor of my bedroom and unpacking the boxed that I had left. I looked at Harry as he put a few books in my bookshelf. He read the back of every book, pouted his lip slightly and furrowed his eyebrows sometimes, a small crease showing between his brows. He looked adorable.

Harry is the kind of person you could just look at for hours.

I got pulled out of my thoughts as Harry spoke up. "Is this your dad?" He asked as he held a photo of my mum, my dad and I together on holidays up. He looked at me, waiting for my answer.

"Yeah, you can put it in the drawer besides my bed." "In the drawer? Are you sure?" he asked and raised his eyebrows slightly at me.

"Yeah." I shrugged. "I don't wanna see his face everyday." I added quietly.

"Brittany, what happened that you don't have a good relationship towards your dad?" he said and I could hear the worry and concern in his voice.

"He ruined our family! He cheated on my mum with some whore who's only like 4 years older than me. My mum found out by walking in on him doing... her. And the worst part is that he's been doing it for quite a while, not just this one time. And he didn't even feel sorry about it!" I didn't mean to tell Harry everything since it's actually quite personal and he probably didn't want to hear it anyways.

His lips got into a thin line and the crease between his brows was visible once again. "I'm really sorry about that Brittany. Pardon my French but your dad is a dick for doing that. No woman deserves to be treated like that."

"Yeah." I nodded slightly. "I'm just glad my mum moved on."

"That's understandable. But after all he's done he's still your dad."

"I know." I sighed. "I just wish all of this wouldn't have happened, everything would be so much easier."

"I think you should try to leave all that behind, the past is the past and the present and future is what matters." He smiled at me. I do have to say he made me feel better about this situations, he seems like he knows so much.

"So, are you excited about school on Monday?"

"I don't know. I haven't really had friends in my last school so I'm quite worried about not finding any here." I admitted and looked at the floor, embarrassed that I just told him I was a loner.

"Hey, you have me so you'll at least have one friend!" he cheered. I giggled at his childish behaviour.

"I guess I have to give you right on that."

A friend. That's what I need and I'm glad that I can say I've got one now.

I apologize for this Chapter being so short :// The next Chapter will be longer, I promise :)

Vote, comment, share .xx