Chapter 1: The eagles have landed

No POV
2017

The world was just starting the new year but then an unknown force attacked Norfolk, Virginia home to EULANFLT (Eagle Union Atlantic Fleet) not even an hour since the battle of Norfolk began almost the entire Atlantic Fleet was taken offline.

Later that year more and more incidents pop-up the world recognises the threat it poses to everyone, battles we're fought and lost with no hope of victory in sight. Ships, planes, sailors, aviators all lost to the ocean, by that point they foe were labelled the abyssal.

2021

Early 2021 the Second battle of San Francisco takes place and wasn't going well for humanity as all hope was lost, shells begin to rain down upon the enemy that was thought undefeatable. Shipgirls or as the nation of Sakura puts it Kansen, the Kansen were ships recalled to service from the former empire which they once served, now fought this new war with their human bodies almost 8 decades later after war had ended.

Following the battle, the Eagle Union was immediately interested and began preparations to send one of their own admirals over to take command of them

Late 2021 saw Vice-admiral Gunichi Chiyase sent by the EUPACFLT (Eagle Union Pacific Fleet) it was a though battle for her as she not only was competing against admirals from EUPACFLT but also from EULANFLT. She won out thanks to tactics, minimal casualties, and a good heart which to them was just as important as the first two.

Chiyase's POV
December 7th, 2021

After a 3-month long struggle, I managed to land myself this position, what girls I might get? Would they be okay with me, a Sakura-sounding name as their admiral?

I lived in the Eagle Union for the last 5 years of my life, my parents died during the Battle of Norfolk, and I never had a sibling. Nonetheless I was raised well by my parents since I was good at heart, but my main thought was 'Would these girls accept me?' I don't need to think about it for now and only worry about it when I summon them. I packed my things and left my room I should arrive on New Year's Day if there's no problems.

January 1st, 2022

Journey's been quiet since leaving and I'm thankful for it before we reached Tokyo Bay the radar operator informed me that there were contacts, and I head to the bridge.

???: "Alright girls got to make a good impression for our Eagle Union admiral."

???: "Yeah, but do we really need to? Not being rude but the bay's wide open, and it's more than capable of guiding itself in." A second voice told her.

???: "Ok, then what about the fog." She sounded a little aggressive, just then a third joined in.

???: "Stop fighting Nanodesu." I guess I'm dealing with this.

Chiyase: "You do realize we can hear you right?"

???: "Apologies." They apologized in unison.

Chiyase: "Can't blame you since my guess is you have the time off your mission, and you want to relax today. Anyways mind if one of you coming forth to bring us in?"

???: "Sure, coming up to your port bow." One of the contacts moves up and alongside us. "Umm, I'm pretty sure you have some questions Nanodesu."

Chiyase: "Indeed first I'm assuming your Inazuma?"

Inazuma: "Yes."

Chiyase: "Then, I'm pretty sure you'll dislike Eagle Union or any allied ships appearing on base but what are your thoughts for now?"

Inzazuma: "You're right about me disliking them, but I think maybe in the future they wouldn't. Ships like Exeter, Encounter, and Pope would be happy to get along with Ikazuchi and I since we saved their crews from the old war albeit with a rough start."