Chapter 33: Training both old and new

April 2024

As the sun rose like usual, two figures who have spent the last few months near each other are having breakfast on the table before they head out to do their training for the day.

Ellie: "Just remember your training. You can do this."

Fuyumi: "Yes."

She focused her magic in one spot and began climbing up and over the dorm, next she ran to the pier standing on top it was an extreme amount of focus but it wasn't over just yet she went back for one final obstacle, and that was Ellie shot paintball ammunition at her while she had her shields up until she reaches Ellie panting at the end.

Ellie: "You've done it, here." She passes a drink over to her.

Fuyumi: "Thank you." She takes a few sips out of it while sitting down.

Ellie: "You've been at it throughout the last month, always falling short, but little by little, you got the hang of it. You know, at first, I thought it was because you didn't have the stamina to endure it, but when you showed that it wasn't the case, I knew that its focus. If you can do that in a real battle that'd be amazing."

Fuyumi: "Yeah, after all, you were the one who got me that focus. You said: 'Just focus on what you want to protect.' I always knew what I wanted to protect, and that was always everyone's smile. You also told me that I can't always be there for everyone, just do what I can for them and trust them to look out for each other. That was an important lesson for me, so thank you. *Bows head*."

Ellie: "No need to thank me for that. If anything, you realized it, I only gave you pointers and nothing more."

Fuyumi: "But that's enough to set me in the right direction."

Ellie: "Well, thank you. Now then, I think it's about time for you to train on the high seas finally."

Fuyumi: "Then who's training me."

???: "I will." She turns her head in the direction in which the voice came from.

Fuyumi: "Hosho-senpai, good morning"

Hosho: "Good morning, I'll be taking you to the arsenal." Ellie looks at her with a reassuring smile telling her that she'll be watching over her.

Fuyumi: "Yes." They head over to the arsenal. Upon arriving there were many different riggings, but she wondered which was hers. That question Wass answered when they stopped at a particular rigging.

Hosho: "This is yours."

Fuyumi: "It looks nothing like what I thought it should be, you're sure, right?"

Hosho: "Yes, your girls asked that it'd be made from scratch as your previous one was utterly annihilated, so it was done from scratch, which is why it looks nothing like what you thought it was."

Fuyumi: "I see, what's it like?"

Hosho: "You should feel it for yourself, only then you'll know."

Fuyumi looks at it and moves forward to grab it. It was much heavier than what she recalled. It was also much wider but slightly longer. When she investigated her hangar, it was incredibly spacious, much more than what she remembered.

The bow was also reinforced to accommodate new aircraft that was equipped in her hangar. Her triple-A was mostly swapped out for new types of defenses but retained some of the old weapons.

Fuyumi: "This is just." She got cut off by Hosho.

Hosho: "I know it's a very big upgrade, and you'll have to get used to them. I'm no expert when it comes to the more advanced weapons, but I can still teach you the basics, so that's where we're starting."