Chapter 30.5: An argument

As she woke up, she saw a rather familiar wall over her. Her hazel brown eyes looked at it for a while before turning to her side where Fuyumi would've been. She looks at the clock at it, and it reads 5.30 am. She got off the futon to prepare for the day, the room was empty as Io's other wives slept in their rooms, by now Io would've been awake and getting her bath in the room, that sequence of events plays in her mind as she entered the bathroom.

Inorin: "Good... That's right, she's in the hospital bed, right now."

It's been a week since she had been bedridden because of battle damage sustained by the air raid and subsequent kamikaze strike, the fleet has been sitting in anchor since their morale had plummeted to rock bottom.

She got into the shower to freshen herself for the day, as she finished, she stopped moving for a bit to let the water run down her beautiful skin before turning off the tap and drying herself, she got into her uniform before leaving the room and into the office, where upon closing the door behind her, she locks it and places the key in the left corner of the top shelf of the desk that has the window behind it.

She proceeds downstairs to cook breakfast for everyone, but she finds someone else there.

Inorin: "Jo, good morning."

Jo: "Oh, Inorin, good morning. How are you holding up?"

Inorin: "I'm okay, maybe."

Jo: "Want to talk about it? I only just wore my apron."

Inorin: "Sure." Jo removed her apron, and the two sat around one of the empty tables in their cafeteria.

Jo: "Must be hard for you to be yourself when she's out, right?"

Inorin: "Yes, even now I'm still thinking she's here with us."

Jo: "I feel you. By now she'll be helping to make breakfast, and honestly, she's a great help."

Inorin: "I know."

Jo: "But at least she's not dead, so we all can still see her again."

Inorin: "Yeah."

Jo: "You shouldn't force yourself to cook today, I can handle it."

Inorin: "No, I want to help, and at the same time, make breakfast for Ellie."

Jo: "Now that you mention it, she's been sleeping in the hospital so she can monitor her at all times."

Inorin: "Yeah, I want to thank her for her hard work, so I want to be able to do that for her."

Jo: "I see. Then let's get making breakfast."

Inorin: "Yeah."

The two went to put their aprons on and began cooking breakfast. Once it was done, Inorin packed another set to take it to Ellie and set off. Not long after, she arrives at Io's current room and opens the door to see Ellie awake and sitting next to Io. The monitor next to her shows that Io's stable.

Inorin: "Here Ellie. *Hands her the breakfast*"

Ellie: "Thank you. *Proceeds to eat her breakfast* This is delicious."

Inorin: "Thank you." She finishes her breakfast sometime later.

Inorin: "I'll be going now."

Ellie: "Yeah, but before that, I'm sure you want to cry, right?"

Inorin: "No."

Ellie: "I know you're lying. It's okay to cry it out." Inorin began to cry while Ellie hugged her and brought Inorin to her chest.