Chapter 9: Business to take care of at home

Helena's POV
July 6th, 1943
Spirit world
Kula Gulf

At 0203 hours as we turned to engage the second group of Sakura Empire's destroyers, I was hit by three torpedoes, first one took out my number one turret due to a magazine explosion cutting off my bow with the number two turret unable to fire back, the second and third hit broke my keel, flooded the forward and aft engine room and boilers, steering gear and left me without electrical power, destroyed the girders supporting hull structure buckled breaking me in half, I wonder if my sister survived this battle or even this war?

Helena: "Sorry sis, I'll be going first, may we meet again one day." I slid beneath the waves before coming to a rest on the sea floor.

Present day

???: "The world of today needs you once more."

Who or what is saying this? I put that thought aside as if it's true and I'm needed once more, what situation would I find myself in? and the world? Could it be ruled by the Crimson Axis? No that can't be true as by that point we're winning, if it's not the Crimson Axis then what could it be? None of those matters, I'll go anyways I've got my own wish to fulfill and that is to see my sisters again, just then I was blinded by white light next thing I knew I was in an unfamiliar place.

Real-world

I looked at my surroundings to find what looks like a warehouse, with two pillars on either side of the room, one which was ours, and the other of the Sakura empire, how I knew was because of that flower, but its stripes are missing, why? This certainly means we won, I'm glad that the worst never came to pass. Now then time to find out where I am. I exited the door to see snowflakes falling from the sky it makes for a nice scene, but as I was about to explore, I spotted someone in the distance.

Helena: "Um, excuse me but where am I?"

Fuyumi's POV
23rd, January 2022
Fuyumi and Jintsū's room

It's already midnight and I was awoken from my sleep thanks to my fairy tickling me.

Fuyumi: "I'm up, what's wrong?"

Fairy: "Your ring is glowing."

It's the first time that it's glowing, it was beautiful when I looked at my surroundings a mix of red, blue, and white illuminates my room, that's beside the point I need to get myself dressed and head to the summoning chamber now.

Outside summoning chamber

Upon my arrival I spotted a girl with long pinkish-blue hair, wearing piece plain sleeveless turtleneck with a short skirt, which exposes a good amount of her skin, an elbow Evening glove, and stockings covering up to just above her ankles.

???: "Um, excuse me but where am I?"

Fuyumi: "You're in Yokosuka, Sakura."

???: "I see."

Fuyumi: "You're surprisingly calm about this."

???: "That's because I assessed the information that I had on hand." She must mean the pillars just near the staircase. "May I ask what year this is?"

Fuyumi: "Well it's twenty-twenty-two, as you've figured out war's over. Now my turn, who are you?"

???: "I'm USS Helena, CL-50, and you are?"

Fuyumi: "USS Iwo Jima, CV-46 just call me Fuyumi, and here." I placed my Miko uniform over her. "It'll keep you warm until we're inside."

Helena: "Eh, but won't you be cold?"

Fuyumi: "Don't worry my clothes are thermal resistant, If you'll follow me."

No POV

As the two walked towards Fuyumi's Dorm, she asked her history a topic Fuyumi never wanted to touch as it indeed was sad, but as soon as it passes, she told her about her life here since she arrived. Helena was surprised at what had transpired from then until today, Fuyumi said that tomorrow they'll have breakfast with those that weren't picked for the camp as the Sakura admiral obviously couldn't bring all of them at once they soon arrived at the dorm.