Chapter 2: Comforting the Sakura-Eagle

1st January 2022
Atlanta's POV

After she dashed out into the blizzard, we followed her into it while the rest would head to the dormitory preparing things to warm us up. Admiral Soiro asked her girls to help locate the missing carrier that's just disappeared into the blinding white blizzard she told them to RV at the Sakura dorms and proceed from there with the correct gear.

Our search party is based on my guess a carrier a light cruiser and 2 destroyers, after dawning on our gear we head out into the blizzard night.

Atlanta: "I just thought about it, but we never introduced ourselves, I'm Atlanta."

???: "I'm Shokaku." The tall girl that looks like 6.2 spoke first, followed by the girl on her left.

???: "I'm Jintsū."

???: "I'm Shigure." The girl standing at 4.5 followed by another one.

???: "I'm Yuudachi Poi."

Atlanta: "Poi?"

Shigure: "Think of it as a catchphrase."

Atlanta: "Got it."

Shokaku: "Any idea what she's wearing." She was of course asking about our friend that went MIA.

Atlanta: "Only caught it briefly, but she's wearing a I think some sort of Japanese dressing mostly colored in blue mixed in with some white and red Sakura flowers on her skirt and one red on the breastplate."

Yuudachi: "That's certainly odd poi."

Shokaku: "True but I think we'll know why when we ask her." We nodded our heads after a few more minutes of walking around we finally got a lead. "She's currently just a little further north till visual range." We proceed a little more and found her.

Atlanta: "Hey, what's wrong?"

Iwo: "Just leave me alone!" As I was about to continue Jintsū stepped in.

Jintsū's POV

I knew who I was dealing with, a girl that never got the taste of a battle, let alone even touching the water

I knew who I was dealing with, a girl that never got the taste of a battle, let alone even touching the water. So, I had to approach this with caution.

Jintsū: "Iwo," She stopped dead in her tracks. "Can you tell me what's wrong?"

Iwo: "It's just when I heard that I was getting a second chance at life I thought I'd be of use to the fleet, only to have that feeling of not being wanted!" As she was saying tears began to escape from her eyes while not facing us. How I could tell by the droplets that touch the ground.

Jintsū: "Is this about fame or combat record?" Iwo Jima nodded. "It doesn't matter none of it does. My question is, would you simply go out quietly or go down fighting." She stood at 6.4 with her black hair flowing with the blizzard as she thought before moving to me burying her face between my chest.