Chapter 7: Fuyumi's caring side

Vestal's POV
15th January 2022

It's been a rough couple of days for us as we scrambled to get the new round ready and because of it, we worked round the clock, following that we had to keep equipment ready for exercise. We were by this point exhausted as we slept on the table, I heard someone enter the arsenal.

???: "Um... Yūbari, Vestal are you in." With that caring tone, my guess could be Fuyumi. "Oh, sorry I interrupted your sleep." She placed something to cover us. "Good work, rest well." I hear her writing something before placing it next to me.

Yūbari: "*Yawn*Evening."

Vestal: "Evening." We rubbed our eyes as it's been a while since we slept this well in days, I pick up the letter that was placed next to me and read it. 'Yūbari, Vestal sorry for making you both work this hard for me and everyone else after that, so to make up for this I want to treat you to Mamiya's just let me know when.' She placed her name and phone number with it so we could call her and as I suspected after reading the letter it was Fuyumi who came in.

Yūbari: "Well let's take her on her offer." I nod my head as we just woke up, we didn't notice a smell inside the arsenal, after walking over to it what we saw looked nice. "Wow, it's omu rice, been a while since I last had one, and with some tea on top of that."

Vestal: "Yeah, looks like it got our names on them." We took photos before having our meal.

Yūbari/Vestal: "Thanks for the meal."

After we finished the meal we headed to the Sakura-Eagle dorm to return them. We washed the dishes, utensils, and cup we thought about saying our thanks to her but realized she was asleep by now since it was late, so we in-turn left a note outside her office before we ourselves went into one of the rooms on the lower floors before turning ourselves in.

16th January 2022, 6 am

The following morning after getting ourselves out of bed we headed to the arsenal to begin the usual early day of maintenance checks before I got a message saying that we should come over for breakfast. We left her our numbers before heading to bed last night, we told her we'd be right there after we finished our checks for the morning. After we arrived, we found her and Jintsū being around each other as usual. I suspect that something could be going on between them.

Vestal: "So anything happened yet?" It was straight obvious, and I suspect she'll fall for it.

Fuyumi: "Nope, not a thing." This told me one of two things, either she is oblivious to her secretary's feelings, or two she was playing poker face.

Vestal: "I see, just thought something might've happened."

Fuyumi: "Does that mean you're making an advance on me?" I take that back, my suspicion backfired on me quite spectacularly as I'm blushing as red as a tomato. "Getting back on point when do you both want to have Mamiya's?"

Yūbari: "Well..." She eyes me meaning I've got the ball in the court. "I guess this afternoon would be nice, about 3 pm at Mamiya's sounds ok to you?"

Fuyumi: "Yup, now then let's eat." After finishing our meal, we thanked her for it, but there was one problem for both of us. What do we do now? And Yūbari had the answer.

Yūbari: "Firstly let's get a bath just to relax given how things were over the last couple of days."

Vestal: "Yeah, let's just soak in since we've got lots of time."

Bath

It's nice to have a change in environment since last Friday peace and quiet, we took turns washing each other's backs before Yūbari asked me.