Chapter 8: Time to break up?

No POV
21st January 2022

It's already midnight as a pair of ladies approached the supposed meeting place for a bunch of terrorists, meaning they would've crashed the party but there was nothing at all. Something feels off, were they given the wrong intel? They didn't have time to think as bullets were flying from all directions, they were lucky that there was some cover nearby, but it won't last forever as they closed in.

But as they were about to fire again, they heard smoke coming out from the grenade that landed nearby and we took the chance to make our exit but as we left, one of the girls felt a presence and stopped her friend.

???: "You noticed me huh." They prepare to fight drawing out our guns. "*Waves* I'm not hostile just follow me, I've got a place for you to lay low."

After walking for some time, the pair were in front of the naval base, could she be the admiral? If so, they must warn her.

Fuyumi's POV
Around the same time

It's very early in the morning I just couldn't sleep as the thought of what I'm about to undertake would be of utmost importance, the mission is to travel to Pearl and after that travel to San Diego, why bring supplies for the locals which haven't been supplied in about a year since their last mission there which from what I read was a failure due to strong resistance as the ships that were escorting them were too few and underpowered in numbers to protect the convoy, I left the bed without waking Jin got into my clothing and went for a walk. As I was walking around one of my fairies climbed onto my shoulder.

Fairy: "We're picking up noise from outside the base."

Fuyumi: "Now that you mention it, yeah, thank you."

She salutes me before heading back inside my clothing. We can communicate with fairies even without our riggings and since our bodies are the hull they can come out or go back whenever they please, after I was notified, I head to the armory to get myself a smoke grenade only. I snuck out head out to the supposed location.

Chisato's POV
Yokosuka Naval Base
1.10 am

???: "Who are you, girls?" I answered first.

Chisato: "I'm Chisato-chan, with me are Takina-chan."

???: "I see nice to meet you, I'm Iwo Jima kansen of the Eagle Union, just call me Fuyumi okay." That means they're here. "Oh, speaking of that please keep this a secret from the public."

Chisato: "Yes we will." My friend nods her head.

Fuyumi: "Then let's get you, girls, a place to stay while you're here." She brings us to a dorm, is this where she lives? But the symbol on top of the dorm isn't that of the Eagle Union, the emblem was that of our nation with the wings of an Eagle expanding out to match the petals of the Sakura, as for colors it was a mix of red, blue, and white.

Chisato: "So you live here by yourself, right?"

Fuyumi: "No, I also live with members of both the Eagle Union and Sakura kansens." Wait she's living with both sides which by our knowledge were once at war, this is certainly a terrible idea.

Takina: "What are both the admirals thinking, putting former enemies together."

Fuyumi: "Just relax everything is under control now, for now, let's get you inside you can ask me more later and I assume you have multiple questions." Yeah, we both do right now. She leads us to a room where she says we could stay until our mission is finished.

Fuyumi: "First of why you are here, I assume you have a mission to complete, yes?"

Takina: "Yes, we were sent here to stop terrorists from attacking the naval base." Well telling her would be a good move so they could be prepared for it. We also told her who we work with.