Chapter 34: Planning for the Future

November 2024

Now Fuyumi is very close to re-entering service as her progress is almost complete, all that's left was fine-tuning, so things went by easy for her.

Fuyumi: "So, what are we doing today."

Ellie: "Well since we don't have much training for you to do, let's just kick back and relax for the day unless you've got something in mind."

Fuyumi: "I was thinking of what to do after this war ends."

Ellie: "Given how close we are to winning, I guess that's obvious."

At this time in the conflict the entire allied kanmusus navy which have grown throughout the last two years of their inactivity as many countries have gathered here in Yokosuka and slowly pushed back the Abyssals and Neuroi alike.

During the one year that Fuyumi was in a coma, the Neuroi had conquered Australia, New Zeeland, the Solomon Islands, and Papua New Guinea. They weren't just limited to the Pacific as their masters released them into the Atlantic, taking over parts of Europe, North and South America, as well as Africa. As the Allied forces began closing in. By this time, the Neuroi have been vanquished as all their hives were destroyed, now the Abyssals stand alone against insurmountable odds.

As for the U.N.KAN they've been at the forefront of nearly every counter-offensive to reclaim the world's oceans, and as of right now they're in the Eagle Union port of Norfolk where the first shots of the war were fired, they are to also spearhead the final assault on the capital of Atlantis.

Fuyumi: "We'll, what are you going to do."

Ellie: "I was thinking of traveling, but scratch those plans because of the Neuroi, so I guess I'll stay with you. What about you."

Fuyumi: "I was thinking of making my own house living in this world and enjoying my life, and since we've got time today let's start designing our house."

Ellie: "Well I guess that's what we're doing today, let's get on with that." They made sketches to what the house would look like, Ellie went for a more Western-styled house while Fuyumi went with a mix of the two.

Fuyumi: "We'll I expected you to come up with something like that."

Ellie: "That's my line."

Fuyumi: "Sorry for stealing your thunder."

Ellie: "That's fine, but I think having your type of house makes things more interesting for us to live in."

They got to design the interior and exterior, and what they ended up with was like some of the old houses where the shop would be separated from the main rooms, in her case, she went with a café shop similar in appearance to what is outside the base. As the hours went by, they made small talk.

Fuyumi: "You know, I'm not sure why I feel that we met before I woke up, we did not, did we?"

Ellie: "We did and even spoke on many occasions. I even remember our last conversation before you went into a coma that day, that conversation was about a cat appearing here. Our relationship never went beyond friends *Whispers* But now I find myself asking if that is the case, now more than ever."

Fuyumi: "Did you say something? You just went soft there."

Ellie: "No, it's nothing."

Fuyumi: "If you say so, what do you think of this being part of our house?"

The thing she placed near the house that was guarded from all sides from the outside, at the end of it was a hot spring that was also covered on all sides.

Ellie: "I like it, though if you do that, we won't see the sky."

Fuyumi: "I've got something in mind to solve that issue. I placed a sensor up there so it can tell whether it'll rain soon or not, that way we can no need to worry about rainy days, as for the other one I'm not sure how to fix that."

Ellie: "I'm sure we'll figure this out together."

Fuyumi: "Yeah, I can't help but feel that sometimes I've got something more in myself than I realize."

Ellie: "What makes you say that."

Fuyumi: "Recently I've been having dreams or a recollection of something."

Ellie: "Do you mind telling me?"

Fuyumi: "I can't say because it's confusing for me like none of it makes any sense."

Ellie: "I see."

Fuyumi: "Maybe one day I'll make sense of this."

Ellie: "Yeah."

Fuyumi: "Anyways want some snacks 'cause I'm getting hungry."

Ellie: "I want, you know where it is right."

Fuyumi: "Yes."

She went downstairs and got a bag of potato chips with a bowl before coming back up to their room. She then pours the chips into the bowl, and they start eating it together as if they were already girlfriends.

For the rest of the day, they designed the interior and exterior of the house, what features would be included in their house, and everything in between they did this until it was time for dinner.

Ellie: "I'll be cooking today. Anything is fine with you, right?"

Fuyumi: "Yup, we're eating in our room like always."

Ellie: "You sure know my style."

Fuyumi: "Being with you for almost a year it's no surprise." Ellie smiles at her.

Ellie: "I'll be back in a bit."

She proceeds to cook their meal, and after some time, she returns with the food on a tray, and the two begin eating.

Fuyumi: "You know *Ellie looks at Fuyumi* I'm not sure why, but lately, you look like you've got something on your mind, that worries me. You can tell me, I know you're supposed to look after me, but I think it's your turn to be looked after."

Ellie: "I'm fine."

Fuyumi: "I see, but if you want to talk about it, I'll be listening." Ellie nods her head back in agreement.

Ellie: "Let's finish our food before it becomes any colder."

They continued eating. After that, they went for a bath before heading to bed.

Ellie knew she lied about what she said, but she couldn't tell herself to say it just yet because she didn't know how she would respond, having three wives just made it harder to know, if there's one thing she knew it was that she can't hide that feeling forever because Fuyumi has already caught on.