Chapter 5: Day in the city

8th January 2022
No POV

It's about 8 am and the girls from the Eagle Union and Sakura dorms have gathered near the exit heading into the city, today they're going around and enjoying their time, and for the girls of the combined fleet it's practically a date for them and the time has come for her to choose who she'll spend time with for throughout the day. Though at this point she already knows who to pick as the person she wants to spend time with the most is right in front of her.

Fuyumi's POV

Fuyumi: "You girls last night asked me out on a 'date', I have given it some thought and made up my mind. The person I want to spend time with is Jintsū though this should be no surprise to all of you."

Hiryū: "Looks like we're all rejected this time, but next time we'll win you over."

Fuyumi: "We'll see, well then Jintsū let's be off."

Jintsū: "Yeah."

Before we were out of listening range we heard them say something.

Hornet: "Is it just me or does it look like they're siblings."

Yamato: "What makes you say that?"

Hornet: "I mean since last week the two of them had been at each other's side all the time."

Sendai: "Yeah, throughout this week my little sister has been spending less time with us, always hanging out with Fuyumi."

The both of us walked out of the gate dressed nicely since it was the first time we were spending time off with each other, which means no training and outside base. As for the rest, they split into their groups and dispersed, we made sure they weren't around before we called each other informally.

City

Iō: "ジン、朝食はどこに行くんだ?" (Jin, where are we going for breakfast?)

Jin: "休みの日には、お気に入りの場所のひとつです。" (One of my favorite places when I have my days off.) We went to a café to have our breakfast, after our arrival and settling down Jin said that she'll pay for the meal.

Iō: "申し訳ありません。" (Sorry about this.)

Jin: "それはいいんだけど、その時の恩返しを考えるなら、出撃から帰ってきた時にご馳走してもらうのはどうだろう。" (It's fine, but if you're thinking about repaying me then, how about you treat me when we get back from our sortie.)

Iō: "待って、それはつまり..." (Wait, so that means...)

Jin: "ヤマトは俺に二つの選択肢を与えた 今すぐ話すか、帰ったら自分で話すかだ。初めての出撃で不安や恐怖、興奮もあるだろうが、少しは自分に自信を持ってくれ、いいな?" (Yeah, Yamato gave me two choices. Either I tell you now, or she'll tell you herself when we get back. I know you are anxious, scared, and excited since this is your first sortie but have some confidence in yourself, okay?)

Iō: "はい。" (Yes.) I responded with confidence thanks to their training.

Jin: "今日は楽しいはずなのに、爆弾発言だったらごめんね。" (Sorry if that was a bombshell for you since we're supposed to be enjoying ourselves today.)

Iō: "大丈夫です。" (It's okay.) After we finished our meal, we headed to the next spot.

Arizona's POV

It's weird to me that the girl that's with us is once a former enemy of ours, but we're talking as if it never happened at all, just then Yamato interrupted my thoughts.