Chapter 32: Recovery

February 2024

After a long month of rehabilitation, she's finally out of the hospital aiming for her at the lobby to pick her up was Ellie.

Ellie: "Hey, great to finally see you out of there."

Fuyumi: "I feel the same. So where are going to celebrate this occasion Ellie-nee."

Ellie: "I was thinking of having you choose."

Fuyumi: "Then *Thinks* You're cooking."

Ellie: "Alright let's go." The two went over to the dorm and into the kitchen. "I'll handle the cooking so just wait for a while."

Fuyumi: "I want to help too, I'm sure you're hungry, so why don't we work together so it can be done faster."

Ellie: "Alright, just be careful with your hand."

She nodded her head and they got to work, minutes passed by as things went smoothly, and they had light conversations from time to time to get to know each other better. One such conversation led to Fuyumi accidentally grazing her finger which led to bleeding.

Ellie: "You're bleeding, wait for a bit I'll get the bandage."

She makes her way to where the bandages in the kitchen are, while none of the girls are clumsy in the slightest, it was there in case something happened. By the time she returns she is already healed.

Ellie: "Hold still for a bit, I'll have it wrapped up." She wraps the bandage around her finger. "I think it's better that you just wait now, ok?"

Fuyumi: "*Sad Tone* Yes."

Ellie: "I'm not mad at you. Mistakes like this happen from time to time. Next time I'll do it together with you, okay."

Fuyumi: "Yes, umm... how was it that I'm already healed?"

Ellie: "Well it's because you have self-regeneration ability, which allows you to heal only yourself. Just because you have this ability doesn't mean you should keep getting yourself injured, ok."

Fuyumi: "Yes." After a while, the food was served, and they enjoyed lunch together.

Ellie: "Now then, are you ready to become a witch."

Fuyumi: "*Excited tone* Yes." The two went to begin their training.

Ellie: "We'll start with running five laps around the base."

Fuyumi: "Yes!" They began to run. After their third lap, she began to question it. "Why are we running for?"

Ellie: "We need to train your stamina because you'll need to use your magic often."

Fuyumi: "Okay." After another two laps, they rested.

Ellie: "Was I too hard on you by any chance for this first exercise."

Fuyumi: "No, I'm ready for more."

Ellie: "That's the spirit although you shouldn't push yourself too hard, in doing so you'll only collapse from exhaustion, okay."

Fuyumi: "*Confident Tone* Yes!"

Ellie: "Now then onto our next exercise." They did more exercises for several hours until it was about time for dinner when the training ended.

Ellie: "Good work today, we can end it here, tomorrow we shall continue."

Fuyumi: "Yeah."

They went back to the dorm, and upon returning she got started on cooking, after doing so they got to eat and after finishing they went for a bath.

Fuyumi: "Sorry I couldn't be of any help today."

Ellie: "Don't worry about it, you've only just started doing this again, so for now, just take it easy and focus on your training."

Fuyumi: "Ok. Then when do we begin my witch training."

Ellie: "I plan on you for this week to undergo stamina followed by next week being witch training, from there every week will be a mix of both. How does that sound to you?"

Fuyumi: "Sounds good."

Ellie: "Glad to hear, now I'll wash your hair, so sit still."

They soon got to wash each other's hair, and Fuyumi commented on how smooth her hair was, to which she replied that she's kept it well maintained after they were done they dried off their hair before heading to her room.

Ellie: "This is your room."

Fuyumi: "It is?"

Ellie: "Yes, this room belongs to you, Jintsu-nee-chan, Ino-nee-chan, and Sanya-nee-chan."

Fuyumi: "Wait, how is it possible that we can share the same room because we're certainly not sisters."

Ellie: "Well that's because your Onee-chan are your wives."

Fuyumi: "Really?" She nods her head in reply. "It's just hard to believe that."

Ellie: "Then here's a photo the four of you shared."

She pulls out a picture frame from the nearby coffee table and shows her all four of them having a ring.

Fuyumi: "Wait, then where's mine."

Ellie: "As much as I want to hide it from you to not hurt you *Soft Sigh* I guess I've got no choice, a little over two years ago you were involved in the defence of both this city and naval base. It almost took you out during the attack, but thankfully, you survived it although when you were brought into the hospital your ring and Katana were both missing, even now the submarine girls are still scouring the sea bed in hopes of finding it so they can return it to its rightful owner. Though, as you could tell, no luck so far, but they haven't given up."

Fuyumi: "I've got to reward them as thanks for staying dedicated to finding these things for me."

Ellie: "I'm sure they'll find it someday. Now it's only a question of when."

Fuyumi: "That's right."

Ellie: "Goodnight."

Fuyumi: "Goodnight."

Ellie turns off the lights, and Fuyumi is on the futon while Ellie sleeps on the bed. Though Ellie feels something in her heart, at first she was looking after her so that they need not worry about her, now she wants to sort out her feelings about Fuyumi as she feels rather attracted to her, was this because of their final conversation two years ago before she went into a coma?

She knew at that time while they were there Rio had been up and about roaming the base occasionally bumping into her where she then stroked her. She knew little about her aside from the small conversations that they had from time to time, but now, she wants to know more about her and sort out her feelings. With that last thought, she soon slept.