Chapter 14: Big sisters and the First European have arrived

Yokosuka
3rd February 2022
No POV

As the sun was about to rise in the summoning room three figures walked out of the fog to see flags, they recognized since these three either survived into the post-war era or were born in the said era before they looked at each other.

???: "I'll introduce myself first, I'm USS Valley Forge, CV-45. Nice to meet you."

USS Valley Forge
Spirit-world
October 29th, 1971

After my service in two wars and many decorations in those wars, attempts to save me resulted in failure I today shall disappear, but one question lingered in my mind, as there was someone missing since I was CV-45 and Philippine Sea who is scrapped months prior is CV-47. So, my question is who CV-46 is, guess I'll never know the answer to this question, but I wished I had known her name if she had one, and with that thought, my final chapter ended.

Present day

As I slept, I heard something through my ears.

???: "Do you wish to know me?"

I thought about this, did it mean my sister that I thought before my scrapping was complete? I could tell her voice doesn't belong to any of my sisters, so who is she? But since it was the only thing on my mind that I've ever thought of, and if she does exist, 'I want to look after and support her as her older sister, all the way and I won't abandon her a second time if she did exist.' At that thought, I was hit by a bright light.

Real-world

As I came to, I saw two figures beside me, I wonder who they are.

Valley: "I'll introduce myself first, I'm USS Valley Forge, CV-45. Nice to meet you."

???1: "Big sis I've missed you, I'm USS Philippine Sea, CV-47."

I couldn't believe it my sister who was scrapped just months before me is here now, but that same question remains even all these years later whatever this year may be.

USS Philippine Sea
23rd March 1971
Spirit-world

I'll be honest I didn't do much for my service life since I only served in Korea and since then I wasn't remodeled making me one of the five, I just thought about this but who was between me and Valley Forge? Whoever she is I'll never know but I think many of us can agree we wish to know her name.

Present day

As I quietly rest something woke me from my sleep.

???: "Do you wish to know me?"

I thought, could it mean the identity of my sister if she was named? She doesn't sound like any of my sisters so could she be our missing sister? I had thought 'Well as her big sister, I want to know about her life if she had one and if she did, I want to help her out of that.' With that, I was hit by quite a bright light.

Real-world

Where am I? and what year is this? I believe the two figures had the same question as me, as I was lost in thought one of us spoke up.

Valley: "I'll introduce myself first, I'm USS Valley Forge, CV-45. Nice to meet you."

Philippine: "Big sis I've missed you, I'm USS Philippine Sea, CV-47. Now it's your turn."

???2: "I'm HMS Sheffield, pennant number C24 nice to meet you."

HMS Sheffield
Unknown date, Unknown month, 1967
Spirit world

A year ago, I was sent to be preserved as I was more in the character of WW2 Britannian cruisers and one of the last three standing by 1966 but as fate would have it, I couldn't be preserved due to my materials deteriorating I couldn't be preserved and instead Belfast was chosen.