Chapter 24: Outside of their main job and repairing relations

July 2022

Over the last few months, the Naval District got much livelier as more girls started arriving particularly Britania, and Karlsland when their admirals arrived last month despite being a rough situation right now. Gallia, Orussia, and Romanga said that they would send their admiral by next month.

As for the Sakura-Eagles, they got themselves a two-week holiday as they worked hard in halting the Neuroi's advance into Nederlands East Indies as they knew back then before becoming Indonesia. While other fleets did their share of the work, the Sakura-Eagles were in the thick of the fighting and holding the line. Now their back in port when Fuyumi gathered them.

Fuyumi: "Girls thank you for your hard work over the last two months, I've gotten the green light to give you girls a two-week break, so go enjoy yourselves."

Yorktown: "Then what about those of us who want to stay here."

Fuyumi: "Well I've got something for us to do, though I did not plan for it to be just for us but for everyone to do if they want."

Suzutsuki: "And what would that be?"

Fuyumi: "Well, I've opened a café for all of us to work in so we can get used to normal life outside the military."

Lexington: "Sounds interesting, do we have our uniforms."

Fuyumi: "Already got it covered." She pulls out a design that she drew. It was a Yukata but patterned in a maid outfit, it was certainly a unique design.

Fuyumi: "I also need to have your sizes so that it can be made for you, well if you're willing to work there." It was unanimously agreed upon that they might enjoy this work when they're not on duty.

Jintsu: "Well let's get our sizes measured."

And so, they did, but the girls noticed something that didn't feel the same as it was before Fuyumi was out of commission. They made sure that neither of them was around to hear it.

Shokaku: "I'm sure we all notice that they aren't as close as they used to, right?"

Charrette: "Yeah, it's not hard to notice, especially when they're almost always being awkward with each other, I'd reckon they don't have much to talk about or something around those lines."

Akizuki: "We must do something about this, and we all know how it'll go right."

They all nodded their heads and decided to let the couple not worry about them to get them together again and it was to be done tomorrow.

Suzutsuki: "Jintsu-san take it easy for the break."

Jintsu: "Why?"

Shokaku: "We noticed that you aren't as close to her as you used to, so we want you two to get together for the next few days, don't worry about us, right now we're more worried about you two." They gave her a comforting smile to her.

Jintsu: "Thanks, then I'll take a break." Jintsu went up to the office while still wearing her uniform, she knocked on the door.

Fuyumi: "Come in. Eh, Jin, I thought you were working today."

Jin: "The girls told me to take it easy, more importantly, we haven't spent time with each other lately."

Io: "Yeah, I'm certain we were thinking the same thing."

Jin: "Then since we're given the opportunity to be like this again, well, shall we do kendo."

Io: "Yeah it feels like forever since we last did that, but before we start, well you look pretty in that uniform."