Chapter 15: Happy Valentine's

14th February 2022
Fuyumi's POV
Pearl Harbour

We just arrived at our destination early in the morning, though I'm deeply concerned by the lack of activity from the enemy, it's not completely absent but we encountered them fewer times than we thought given it's the enemy's main frontlines.

After contacting the garrison that we'd arrived and proceeded to offload our equipment we were greeted by someone.

???: "Welcome to Pearl, I'm admiral Arden nice to meet you."

Fuyumi: "Thank you for having us, I'm USS Iwo Jima flagship of the Sakura-Eagles."

He heard that the task force was brand new, but what he didn't expect was that it was led by a carrier that never saw any fighting in her previous life, or to me, it was the idea I had yet another life before now that was still fresh in my mind but I can't help but be a little bothered by this.

Arden: "I want a debrief about your journey here, so let's get started shall we."

Fuyumi: "Yes sir."

I told the girls to take the next two days off before we head to San Francisco, I then followed the admiral into his office and gave my debriefing. After the debrief I left the office only to find my wife waiting outside.

Fuyumi: "I thought I told you to go ahead and relax first."

Jin: "Well I wanted to relax alongside you."

Iō: "I see, Jin. So where to?"

Jin: "I was thinking about visiting the Arizona Memorial so we can pay our respects."

Iō: "Alright then let's go."

No POV

While the two of them headed off to the memorial Yamato and Missouri were already there paying their respects to the dead.

Yamato's POV

I agreed with Missouri that we should come here, while it was a painful reminder of the past, but now almost eighty-one years later since that day, we've learned how to forgive each other for the pain we brought to each other and move on from that. We walked to the end of the memorial seeing the names of those who went down with her, before saluting because we're members of the armed service. We turn to leave the area and headed back to land.

Missouri: "You know right now we're writing history where we decide our own course of action and not have it chosen for us."

Yamato: "Yeah, the reveal after our mission is complete will solidify this." All of us are aware of the reveal of our existence to the world which will happen once the mission is over. While this was still an order it just felt different as they chose to be part of this fleet our own will.

Missouri: "Let's just not think about it now and just relax." I nodded. "Well then let's head for breakfast." We headed into the nearby restaurant which sold Ramen and had that as our breakfast. I'm certain that she knew that once we were spotted, they'll throw what they've got on us it's best we move ASAP.

Yamato: "You know that it's best for us to keep the initiative, right?"

Missouri: "Yeah, I know what you're thinking. 'We must keep the initiative in order to deny our enemies the chance to mass up and strike.' So how about let's text her now and convince her to set sail first thing in the morning."

Yamato: "That'll be for the best but maybe it'll be even better if we sail tonight when the enemy can only use their radar."

Missouri: "You're right since during the night whoever has the better FCS will be most likely to win."

I sent a text to Fuyumi asking if we can deploy first thing in the morning and gave our reasoning. After some time, she got back saying 'I've also considered this possibility too, but I wanted to make sure you girls had enough rest before the next stage, if everyone agrees then we'll set sail tonight or earliest in the following morning.' With that, we got the green light but as the message states it can only go when we all agree. In our own chat room within our own network which was made by her usual people, she posted a message if we all can agree on leaving much sooner than initially planned to which all of them agreed on the following morning which means that our schedule has been moved forward, she also asked when we returned do we want an extended break or stick to the plan to which we all decided on sticking with the original plan. So, with that, we went to enjoy the rest of the day shopping for gifts to bring back for the other battleships back home.

Hiryū's POV

It's Valentine's Day today, and I had already thought of who I wanted to give my chocolate to aside from my sister. Who else would it be other than Yorktown, the girl who has always been my equal, the two of us trained together given our unique history. I was hoping to be alone with her for the day but right now isn't the time, why it's because we're all together aside from Fuyumi, and now I wonder how to give my chocolate to her. The chance came when the three of them went into a shop for some clothes.

Hiryū: "Umm Yorktown."

Yorktown: "Yes what is it?"

Hiryū: "Here." I pulled out the chocolate from my bag, my fairies have been working hard on making one that she could eat while we were on our way here, and I don't think I need to mention how many 'died' doing this.

Yorktown: "Thank you, since you're giving this to me while we're alone, does that mean you love me?" I blushed at that comment, but I won't lie about it.

Hiryū: "Yeah, say later you want to sit down and drink while seeing the moon?"

Yorktown: "Sure but I think it'll mean more if we do that on the 5th and 7th of June?"

Hiryū: "Well, consider this an occasion."

Yorktown: "Alright, so what are we drinking?"

Hiryū: "I was thinking Sake since you haven't had one yet."

Yorktown: "Well I'll take you on that offer."

I suggested to the group that we should have a little bit of Sake during the night before we leave to which Fuyumi agrees since today is Valentine's so we should share the drink with the ones we love, and as such the planned time to leave was the following morning is when we leave here.

No POV
Later that night

The girls laid out a picnic mat with some light snacks inside the basket and a few bottles of sake, they sat down with the traditional Sakazuki poured it into the o-choko, and drank it. As expected, the Eagle Union girls fell to the mercy of the Sake except for Fuyumi given that she was indeed Japanese first but still it was her first-time tasting Sake so her resistance isn't there yet, and soon she was down, and out as for the Sakura girls they had enough for one night since they need to get them back inside to rest to avoid them getting cold.