Chapter 30: The end?

31st December 2022

It's time for New Year's Eve celebrations the girls from their respective fleets were given freedom as to what they want to do, Fuyumi's fleet decided to run the Maid Café inside their dorm many were curious as to what they would serve, it will serve a mix of every dish and drinks from the countries that are a part of this organization which now includes modern kanmusus which the first one arrived back in August but only joined the fleet in early December.

Fuyumi: "Alright girls let's go get ready for today, we all know what to do right."

All: "Yes."

Fuyumi: "Well then let's get to work."

It was still early in the morning, and not many were up at this time. It was a good time to prepare for the busy day ahead. They spread across the kitchen and dining room, preparing the ingredients for what they're about to cook and laying out the tables and walls with decorations. After they were done with all that, they got changed into their maid outfit, which they wore the various times that they were here.

Now that they're prepared, they welcomed the guests and so began the busiest day when they're not fighting. In the kitchen, things got busy as they got things prepared quickly. On the floor, it was just as chaotic as orders were taken and dishes being brought to the tables.

Fuyumi: "Well girls I'll be taking my break now."

Missouri: "Okay." As she exited the kitchen, she saw Ellie, who was also taking a break.

Fuyumi: "Hey."

Ellie: "Hey, want to have a break with me."

Fuyumi: "Sure, so where are we resting at?"

Ellie: "Since I'm hungry now, let's go to Mamiya's."

Fuyumi: "Sounds good." When they arrived, it was rather busy as always. They soon placed their order and took a seat.

Fuyumi: "Say, you know of a cat roaming this base as of late."

Ellie: "No I don't, what of it?"

Fuyumi: "Whenever I look at it, it feels like I've seen her before I can't put my finger on it."

Ellie: "Do you know what type of cat it is."

Fuyumi: "I haven't looked into breeds of cats, though I've looked into that recently since I keep seeing it *Sigh* Still can't get closer to figuring it out."

Ellie: "I'm sure you'll know one day." For the rest of their break, they talked about various other things to pass the time before they were ready to head back to work.

Fuyumi: "Yeah, now then let's be heading back. I'll handle the bill."

Ellie: "No, let me have half of it."

Fuyumi: "Alright." They both paid and went back to their dorm

Despite all the troubles, the entire day went without a hitch as girls rotated for breaks, it was night when they celebrated the year of good work and prayed for a better next year.

Io: "Before we welcome the new year, want to go on a stroll with me."

Sanya: "Yeah, given how chaotic it was today, let's just slow things down."

Jin: "We'll stay here and party on with the rest, so see you in bed tonight."

Io: "Yeah." Io and Sanya walked out of the dorm and into the peaceful night. "Looks like tomorrow I'll be back on the front with the rest of you. It feels good to be back."