~6~

Y/n's POV

When Moody walked in, the whole class went dead silent. He hobbled to the front of the room, his wooden leg tapping the floor was the only sound heard, and he introduced himself.

"Hello class, my name is Alastor Moody. ex-auror. Ministry malcontent. And your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. And I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end." Moody started "Any questions?" he looked around, but everybody was silent and still. "When it comes to the dark arts I believe in a practical approach. First, which one of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"Three, sir," Hermione blurted with a slightly shaky voice.

"And they are so named?" Moody asked her while writing 'Unforgivable Curses' on the chalk board

"Because they are unforgivable, the use of any one of them will-"

"Earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban," Moody finished for her in a growl while finishing writing on the board. His handwriting was hardly eligible. "Correct, now the ministry says that you are too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against. You need to be prepared, you need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk Mr. Finnigan!" We all turned and saw Seamus Finnigan looking scared and embarrassed.

"The old codger can see out of the back of his head," Seamus mumbled quietly and only the people next to him could have heard. But Moody some how did, he threw his chalk at Seamus but he ducked and it hit me directly in the forehead. 

I flinched as it hit me and brought my hand to my head.

"I can also hear across classrooms!" he scolded, and walked over to the desk that Harry and Ron were sat at, "Now, which curse shall we see first? Weasley!"

"Yes?" Ron answered with a slight crack in his voice.

"Stand." Ron stood up slowly and shakily, "Give us a curse,"

"W-well my dad did tell me about one, the imperious curse."

"Yes, yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." He walked over to his desk and grabbed out a spider, he used an enlarging spell to make it big and then put it under the Imperious Curse. 

He made it go to the desk that Dean was sitting at, then to Parvati's desk, then straight to Ron's head. He said that if she bites she's lethal. We were all laughing as the spider went from person to person, eventually it landed on Draco. Spiders aren't his biggest fear but he's still very scared of them. Who isn't?

"Get it off." He demanded to Max "get it off!" Max took her book and wacked him with it, but by the time she had wacked him, the spider had already moved on and she just hit him for no reason. "Ow! What the hell, Max?" we all laughed harder. Moody sent the spider to the other side of the room.

"What should I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?" He had her over a bucket of water and then the class went quiet, he took the spider back to him. "Scores of witches and wizard have claimed that they only did You-know-who's bidding under the influence of the Imperious curse, but here's the rub; how do we sort out the liars?" 

That's exactly what my father did, and what Draco's father did, and what most of the Slytherin students' parents did. But was my father lying? Is he still a loyal death eater? I push away that thought and draw my attention back to the class.

"Another, another," Moody says, asking for another curse. Multiple people rose their hands, he called on Neville "Longbottom is it? Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for Herbology." Neville nodded nervously,