~14~

Y/n's POV

"Fuck off Pansy," Max said. I turned away and hung the dress up, then looked for the same one in a different size. Now that I think about it, this one does look a bit small. "What are you doing, Y/n? That one was fine,"

"Pansy may be a bitch but she isn't wrong," I said, "Shit, they don't have any other sizes,"

"Y/n, just try that one on, I'm sure it will fit," Hermione said,

"Okay," Pansy left, laughing to herself,

"Ignore her, she just feels bad about herself so she needs to be a bitch to make her feel better," Max said,

"Yeah..."

We've all picked out a few dresses, and now we're ready to try them all on. We get some dressing rooms, and begin to try on dresses. The first one I tried was light purple, It was pretty but the color didn't go well with my skin tone. The next one I tried was a golden colored one, it was a little bit big around my shoulders though. The last one I have to try is the silver one. I put it on and it's really pretty, but it's a little tight around my waist and chest area. I tried the zipper a few times but it wouldn't go any further. I tried to take the zipper down but it was stuck, I tugged on it a few times, tears began to form in my eyes. I finally got the zipper to go down and slipped the dress off. I put my shirt back on and was reaching for my skirt when I collapsed in tears.

I fell to my knees crying. Sobbing. Why is this how I am? Why can't I be like everyone I see in magazines and movies? I hate myself. I hate the way I look. I look at the mirror and see my tear stained face. black streaks running down it. I stare at it with loath on my face, as if it's the mirrors fault that I look the way I do. I look at the mirror until I make it shatter by accident with my mind. I stood up quickly and grabbed my wand shakily.

"R-Repairo" The broken pieces of glass all form smoothly into a mirror again. I wipe the makeup and tears off my face, finish getting dressed and reach into my bag, grab out my mascara and redo it. I leave the dressing room. I put the dresses back and waited for Max and Hermione to get finished. I look over and see Pansy with the silver dress I tried on, a few minutes later she comes out in it and all her friends are complementing her on it. I swallow hard, determined not to let any tears flow in public.

Max and Hermione come out holding the dresses they've decided on.

"Hey, are those the ones you guys chose?" I asked, forcing my smile and happy voice,

"Yeah, I think this one is the one, which one did you pick?" Hermione said,

"Uhm...I didn't. None of them felt right," I said,

"Oh, that's okay, there's so many dresses here, we can keep looking," Max said. We continued to look around for the right dress for me. I felt like such a burden keeping Hermione and Max here just because none of the dresses were right for me.

"You know you guys don't have to stay here with me, I don't mind, you can go get drinks or something," I suggested to them,

"Are you kidding me? No, we really don't mind, it's fun to shop around," Hermione said,

"Yeah, and what kind of friends would we be if we left you by yourself," Max said,

"Okay," We picked out a few more dresses that I like, then went back to the dressing rooms. Max and Hermione waited outside of my dressing room while I tried on each dress. I tried on a light pink one, a midnight blue one, and a red one. But none of them felt right. there was always something wrong with it, either it was too tight or too loose or the color was just not right.

But then I tried on this one: