~37~

Y/n's POV

Christmas break has been amazing so far. It's been filled with hot chocolate, cuddles, Draco reading to me as I fall asleep, friendly arguments about different Quidditch teams, Christmas movies, reading holiday romance books, Mattheo being dramatic as fuck because hot chocolate makes him nauseous, Max giving into it and taking care of him like he's a child, it's all been great.

It's also been great to see my father so happy, it's like when he and Lucius are together they embrace their inner child. It's really funny actually. The two were talking about when they went to Hogwarts, they said got in trouble a lot by McGonagall, and they almost got expelled once for getting caught tagging the Gryffindor common room, they seemed proud when they found out that Pansy and I did the same thing and never got caught.

Today is the day before Christmas and we're all going ice skating, we all go ice skating every year on Christmas eve, it's one of the only muggle activities that our families actually enjoy. We usually go at around 6 pm once it begins to get dark because you can see all the lights better and it's super pretty.

It's a little funny that I've been going ice skating like all my life and I still haven't gotten the hang of it, I can do it but it's so hard. The year before last year I would have cracked my skull open if Draco hadn't caught me.

~Flashback~

We were all ice skating, Max was right next to me, she got the hang of it way better than I had, Matt and Draco were behind us. Some little kids came zooming past us, Max gracefully swerved out of the way, I on the other hand did not.

One of the kids, a little girl who had a blindingly pink coat and pink skates, bumped right into me, she somehow was like very good at this, I wouldn't have fallen if she hadn't pushed me out of her way. This is when my hatred for children started.

Right before I hit the hard, cold ice, I felt someone's arms catch me. My first though was that it was my brother, but when I got a look at who the arms belonged to my heart skipped a beat and fluttered a little. I felt heat rise into my already rosy cheeks.

I looked into Draco's eyes, he was smiling. 

"It's alright, I got you," he said, my heart melted,

"Th-thank you," I said, he helped me up and held my hand for a little bit as I regained my balance, when we both let go awkwardly I missed the feeling of his hand in mine. For the rest of the time we were there I couldn't keep my mind off him.

~End of flashback~

I smiled remembering how damn clueless I used to be, looking back at moments like those I now realize that it wasn't only me who's heart was skipping beats or just me who was blushing, it was both of us. 

At breakfast Narcissa told us that this year the Parkinson's will be coming ice skating with us, apparently they've all been friends with Mrs. and Mr. Parkinson since childhood. Max didn't seem too pleased about this, but she didn't say anything about it.

Right now Max and I are in her room, the boys are playing a muggle video game in Draco's and they're going a little crazy. (if you have brothers you understand lmao)

"Uhg, why did our parents invite the Parkinson's? I mean, I don't hate Pansy but...I don't know," Max said out of nowhere,

"Is it because of how she treated me the past couple years? If it is then know that she's pretty nice now," I said,

"I know, that's why I don't think that's why I still don't like her, I think...remember in fourth year when she was hitting on Matt?"

"It's because of that isn't it?"