~136~

Y/n's POV

"Wait, how are you calling right now? Don't they take your phone at night?" Draco asks through the other end of the phone. I laugh.

"I found where they keep all our phones, I nicked it before they saw," I tell him,

"Oh wow,"

"I just always miss you at night here and...it's not technically helping anything."

"I understand. Well, now we can talk,"

"I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas."

"I know, last Christmas we..."

"We weren't together, I remember." I sigh, "Well, I hope you have a good day tomorrow, and on the bright side, only one more week and I'm out of here. But the nurses are beginning to treat me like a normal person, so maybe they think that I'm not mad,"

"That's brilliant, you could be let out early if you're lucky. Do you think you've gotten...better in the time you've been there?"

"Yes," answer truthfully, "The therapy sessions have helped, but I still want to see Newt more than all these nurses and therapists. Has anyone heard from him at all?"

"No, none of us know why he isn't there, he said that he would be, we looked into the airport and his flight never got cancelled or delayed or anything, it made it to Florida just fine, but Newt is nowhere to be found."

I breathe in, laying on my back, steadily filling up with worry.

"I have a feeling something bad happened, the other day I got an extreme surge of joy out of nowhere, there was no cause, and my dark mark was tingling profusely. I don't know, can you ask Kayden if he's felt anything lately?"

"Of course. But I'm sure everything's okay, don't worry."

"It sucks you can't be here tomorrow,"

"I know, it truly does, it doesn't make sense that they don't allow visitors on Christmas, what kind of idiot came up with that idea?"

"I don't know, but whatever, I'm sorta glad you guys can't visit tomorrow..." to answer Draco's following silence I then say, "Because if we spent Christmas in a bloody mental hospital that would be pretty damn depressing don't you think? And we'll all have a little Christmas after I'm out, and it will feel normal."

"I understand why you'd feel like that. It's okay though, everything will work out,"

"I know. I have hope it will."

~
Draco's POV

All of us sit in the living room drinking from steaming mugs of peppermint tea, it's a bit too quiet, but it's also nice. While the atmosphere is calming, it doesn't feel like Christmas.

We all decided to save the exchanging of gifts for when we all celebrate Christmas with Y/n, but for now, we've all just been spending time together. 

As days pass, I begin to feel more and more hopeful for Y/n, but other things have been worrying me.

My mother for instance, she hasn't written in a long time, even though I have. No one has really heard from her, I've owled Mrs. Weasley asking if she has, but she hasn't, nor has Andromeda or her husband, Nymphadora, Remus, or anyone else for that matter. Maybe she's just keeping a low profile, or maybe...this thought is terrifying to me, maybe Voldemort found out about her helping us escape the Malfoy Manor, and she's been punished...or worse...

Another worrying thought is what's going on with Professor Scamander, he was supposed to be in Florida weeks ago, but he's also been unheard from recently.