~9~

Y/n's POV

It was a few weeks ago that I made the Quidditch team. It's now mid October and the term has been going great. Cedric and I have gotten to be pretty close friends in the past several weeks. I can't imagine anything going on between us, we only view each other as friends, our relationship reminds me of Matt's and mine, he's like an older brother to me. Quidditch has been going great, too, it's really cool being on a team with all my best friends. 

Theodore and I have also become friends, he's kinda flirty with me, but he's single and isn't much of a player anymore, I guess he grew up a bit. Draco doesn't seem to like him very much. I don't know why though.

Max and Matt are at Hogsmeade right now on a date, they're so cute together. Last night I came into Max's room and they were asleep together, I'm so happy for them but I can't help but feeling a little jealous of them, too. Matt decided that he wont put his name in Goblet of Fire because he's the Quidditch team captain and we can't win without him. Also, Max was worried he would get hurt, or worse.

Draco, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are also at Hogsmeade right now, I didn't really feel like going today because I'm on my period and...well I don't really need another reason. Right now I'm in my dorm decorating for the fall season. I added some fall room décor, scented candles, and some throw pillows and blankets that are fall colors. 

As I add some finishing touches to my room, I hear a knock at my door. Who could that be? All my friends are out. Except...

"Come in," I call, the door opens and I see Cedric. "Oh hey, come on in."

"Hey, mm, it smells good in here," Cedric spoke, smelling the air.

"Thank you, now that it's fall I can use these candles I bought in the middle of summer. What's up?"

"Nothing, I'm just bored," he dramatically fell backwards onto my bed. "All my friends are at Hogsmeade right now."

"Oh, why didn't you go?"

"They're only going to wear scary masks and terrorize little kids,"

"What? Aren't all your friends Hufflepuff's though?"

"Yeah...wait what's that supposed to mean?"

"I guess it's only a stereotype that all Hufflepuff's are nice then, huh?"

"Oh, I see," Cedric laugh "Why didn't you go with your friends to Hogsmeade?" He asked, rearranging himself on my bed.

"It's my time of the month," I sighed, and also sat on my bed, he nodded. One of the reasons why Cedric is one of my best friends is because he's really chill and understanding, I feel like most boys would be grossed out by that, but Cedric isn't. He's realistic. 

I turned on some music and we talked.

"What's the day that everyone's gonna put their name in the goblet of fire?" I asked.

"October 30th, then the champions are announced the next day, on Halloween, I'm so excited," 

"Me too, are you hoping you'll get chosen?"

"I guess so, it's really dangerous but it would be fun, you know?"

"Yeah, and if you were the champion then you could get any girl you want."

"Oh, please, I already can,"

"Uh huh..." we both laughed, "That's probably true though, you know how many girls are already obsessed with you? Harry said that the girls on his Quidditch team all love you, Hermione and I always hear girls whispering about you in the library, and most of the Slytherin girls have turned completely soft for you, and that's saying something."