~59~

(Ya'll, I need to stop looking at Drarry fanart at 2 am, it's becoming a problem)

Draco's POV

When Y/n volunteered to go first I was honestly shocked, the entire time she was making the potion I could tell that she was scared, the way her hands shook and her lip trembled a bit told me that she was terrified, but I could tell she was trying to hide it. She hid it well, but I know her better than anyone and I think I was only one who could see her fear.

While the dark lord was branding her with the dark mark and she began to scream all I wanted to do was run over and help her, to make all her pain go away. Her screams were filled with so much pain it hurt me to watch.

What hurt me even more was that I couldn't do anything about it.

Once she was all finished she went back to her seat, shaking a bit, I wanted to reach out to her and hold her but I couldn't. I noticed Kayden holding her hand, a feeling of jealousy went through me, even though he's literally her brother I still just wanted it to be me. Why am I thinking about this while we're literally about to become death eaters? What is wrong with me?

After Y/n went my father suggested that I go next, so I did. The black potion was so bitter and horrible it made my vision blurry for a second, I spoke my intentions as death eater and then he did the marking. 

It hurt terribly, my eyes filled with tears that I didn't dare to let fall. It was the worst pain I had ever felt in my whole life, eventually my knees went weak also and I couldn't contain the screams of pain anymore. I wanted to beg him to stop, but I knew it was too late now.

Once he was finished with the mark I went back to my seat where my mother put her hand over mine. Y/n and I locked eyes for a moment, her e/c ones filled with both sympathy and pain.

Next, Bellatrix said that Max should go next, she was really excited about her daughter joining their side. Max went through the whole ceremony and somehow, I have no idea how, she didn't scream or fall while her arm was getting marked. Her blue eyes filled with some tears but other than that it was almost like nothing was happening to her.

What the hell?

Mattheo and Kayden have both finished with their ceremony now, and it's Pansy's turn, she looks so scared. She was noticeably shaking a lot and stuttered a bit as she spoke her intentions, but the dark lord didn't seem to notice much.

Her screams were the worst when it came to the marking, I wanted to put my hands over my ears as she screamed, not out of annoyance, but because it's just pure evil to do that to someone so small and gentle. Pansy is the youngest out of all of us and she never came across as the death eater type, so seeing this happen just felt wrong on every level.

Once it was all over, once we were all branded as death eaters and there was no going back, we all stayed silent in our seats and Voldemort sat down at the end of the table.

"Now that you have all joined the dark side, we need to discuss the tasks I need you to carry out for me," he said, "Draco and Mattheo, it will be your responsibility to mend a vanishing cabinet. At Borgin and Burkes there is a vanishing cabinet, this one has a twin and it's location is at Hogwarts, you will need to figure out how to mend it so that you can bring some select death eaters into Hogwarts for a quite important plan of mine."

"Yes, my lord, we will do exactly as you ask." I said, I don't know what's too much or what's not enough so I just kind of suck up to him in order to keep my life.

"Kayden and Maxine, it will be your job to assassinate Albus Dumbledore, it's up to you to figure out how to accomplish this task, but he must be dead by the end of this school year."