~112~

Y/n's POV

June 30th, 1997
7 am.

In several hours it will happen.

Tonight is a night of mixed emotions for us all. While we dread the upcoming events and all that will come along with them, we also have been anticipating this night for months. It is the night the death eaters will come and take us away, the night that Hogwarts will be forever transformed. Tonight is a night we won't soon forget.

I sit in my empty dorm, all my stuff is packed into my undetectable extension charmed bag. On my bed I sit with my leg bouncing, fully dressed and ready.

My wand is clutched in my hand as I think over and over again what I'll have to do in only a matter of hours.

All the others have been informed by Kayden and I what we are. I still have trouble comprehending it all, things seem to be moving so fast and it's scary.

This year has been incredibly difficult. The stress, conflicts and arguments have no doubt been very exhausting for all of us. It's been tough to navigate our relationships amid this chaos. But here's hoping that tonight brings a sense of relief, putting a temporary end to this rough time.

~

I sit in Muggle Studies class, right behind Hermione. I'm gonna kill her later and it all feels so weird.

"-Is fascinating isn't it? How Muggles find ways of transportation and communication. It really makes us rethink our lives as Witches and Wizards, and for your homework, what I want you to do, is go the rest of night, and the weekend, without using any magic. Think of how Muggles would do simple, everyday tasks like cleaning your dorms, or even just letting your hair dry in the air instead of using a charm to dry it. Class dismissed." Professor Burbage dismissed us and we all left.

I let out a big sigh as we walked away.

Four more hours.

My friends are all waiting for me outside the classroom.

"I finally finished my last NEWT exam," Mattheo told me enthusiastically

"Brilliant." I smiled at him, "We all need to go somewhere private. Now." they all nodded and we stay silent as we head to my dorm. I sense the fear and anxiety that is coursing through my body, and I can see just how much my hands are shaking, hear how my heart is racing.

I ensured the door was securely shut and locked before speaking.

"Okay, so tonight the death eaters are picking us up from here. Pansy, Kayden, you guys will be in the room of requirement at exactly 8:45 pm, that's when they'll all be ready to come into the castle. Mattheo, you and I will go to the Gryffindor tower and take Ron and Hermione from there and...get it done. We wont waste time hiding their body's, we'll just book it to the Astronomy Tower where Dumbledore will be. And Draco, you'll also be up there and...get it done. Max, you should stay in the common room while this all goes down, until 9:00 pm, when we all leave."

"Why do I have to stay?" Max asked me,

"Because, there will most likely be a fight, a ton of death eaters walking into Hogwarts wont exactly be subtle. The professors will fight them and you shouldn't be there for that, not with you being pregnant and all." I explained, she was about to protest but Mattheo interrupted her.

"I agree with Y/n, Max. I can't let you put yourself in danger right now, once I'm finished with the task I'll come down and get you and then we'll all leave the castle together." he said, she sighed in defeat.

"Okay," she gave in. I nodded.

"So after letting the death eaters in we go to the Astronomy Tower?" Pansy asked,