~131~

Y/n's POV

A breathy sigh escapes my lips and I resist the urge to throw up after apparating from London all the way to Florida; I drank a lot of Pumpkin juice during the train ride.

The warm breeze on my skin is calming and the scent of ocean air and grass fills my lungs as I inhale a breath of air.

The three of us, Kayden our dad and I, walk into the air conditioned house and I smile a little; this place has always given me a sense of security that some part of my life is not a mystery any more.

"You kids take your stuff upstairs, then come back down to the kitchen?" Our dad asks us,

"Yeah, sounds good." I respond, hoisting my trunk up the first step of the staircase.

"Alright, I'll grab some drinks."

Kayden and I walk up the stairs, our trunks behind us, we give each other a glance filled with nerves and sympathy.

I make it up to the room I usually stay in, my room I guess since I have no other home. I set my trunk down and take out my blankets and stuff I'll need before leaving the room again, I meet Kayden at the top of the stairs and we go down together and into the kitchen, where three cups of coffee sit on the island and our father sits there on a stool next to it.

Kayden and I silently slip into seats across from our dad.

"You two...I just need to know why you did what you did? Jumping off the freaking tower..."

"We were drunk dad," Kayden mumbles

"That doesn't make things much better."

"I know. When it's just the two of us we get a little...stupid, we don't think, and we do stupid stuff like that." 

"We had our wands on us, and we planned to use a charm to break the fall..." I say in a small voice, realizing as I speak the idiocy of the situation.

"What if you dropped your wand? Forgot the spell? Misspoke the spell? Ran out of time? You could have died."

I put my head in my hands and heave a sigh, feeling disappointed in myself and just terrible.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, it's all I can muster in the moment.

We're plunged into a silence that is slightly uncomfortable, but the discomfort is deserved.

I feel a hand on my shoulder rub up and down. I look up and see it's my dad.

"You guys just seriously need to think more before going and doing things like that." Kayden and I nod. "The headmaster owled me, he informed me that one more action like that and you'll have to take quite a long time away from Hogwarts."

The guilt of our actions consumes me and sends an awful ache into my lower stomach, I bring my hand down to the ache and caress softly.

"I understand why you two have become careless with your lives." 

"What?" we ask at the same time,

"It's human nature that after losing a rather close loved one...you become reckless and stop using your common sense. You two have lost your brother, I'm not surprised you've portrayed such behavior, that does now however make it okay." we both nod again.

"We understand dad," Kayden says, genuine apology in his voice.

"I just want you guys to be safe and I cannot risk losing you."

Our dad switches the subject, feeling that he got his point across, and as he and Kayden begin to talk about the current winning quidditch team as our dad begins to cook, I soon realize that the ache in my stomach isn't only from guilt.