~86~

Y/n's POV

I sat on the couch with my chin rested on my hand, feeling numb. I'm not sure how long it's been but I don't really care either. I just want to be away from my mother.

If I had thought that she was sorry for leaving, and wanted me in her life, then I was wrong. She doesn't care about me, just if I complete my task or not.

I will complete my task.

"Y/n? Are you coming back?" someone entered the living room and asked me, I looked and saw it was Mattheo.

"No, I lost my appetite." he nodded and joined me on the couch.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I just want nothing to do with that bitch right now." I surprised myself with my words, I've never called my mother a bitch before, but if the cap fits.

"She's being unfair, she doesn't realize how hard it is."

"It shouldn't be this hard though."

"We're all working on it, okay? You're doing great, I know you'll do it." I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder, he put his arm around me.

"She looks different." 

"I noticed too, she definitely did something to make her look so young,"

"Or she's just naturally beautiful," I mumbled, keeping my blank gaze fixated on the crackling fireplace.

"That must be where we get it from then." I laughed a little. "Let's face it; we're hot, me, you and Kayden. You can't deny it."

"Yeah, one of us more than the other two though," I joked, he acted offended. "Do you know Daphne Greengrass?"

"Well she's in almost all of my classes, but we aren't really friends. Why?"

"Oh, no reason, I was just curious."

"What made you curious?"

"I called Draco earlier, before dinner, and he said that they were talking, he said that she's cool, and he called her Daph, then he hung up on me while I was literally telling him I love him."

"Damn, I'm sorry. I'm sure it's nothing though, I mean his phone could have died, or lost connection, you know the Wi-Fi down in the dungeons isn't very great."

"Yeah, someone should really fix that."

"No one knows how, the one who installed it graduated."

"We should have a mudblood fix it for us." he laughed.

"I have a kind of crazy idea, and I'm hoping you'll talk me out of it..." Mattheo started,

"You're not on about the bears again, are you?"

"No, it's not that, although I'm still doing that. It's different. When I tell Max what I did, if she gets super mad, no, when she gets super mad, should...should I propose to her then?"

"Matt...I don't know, you shouldn't rush into it cause scared she'll break up with you."

"Yeah, it was dumb, I want the proposal to be...special, like on the bridge at sunset, or on the Astronomy tower on a night of a full moon...or the fountain; where we got together."

"That's sweet. I'm sure however you do it will be great though." he smiled, he was about to say something but was interrupted because our mother walked in to the living room now.

I looked down and didn't say anything to her.

"Mattheo, how could you not tell me?" she started, seeming happy about something. "You're gonna be engaged soon?"