~13~

Draco's POV

Y/n walked into the common room holding a very pretty bouquet of emerald green roses and she had a cute little smile on her face, I blushed as she came in. God, the things this girl does to me. Wait- where did those roses come from?

She came and sat down next to me, laying out some Charms homework pages.

"Hey, Draco, what's up," She said and set her flowers on the floor gently,

"Nothing, just finishing my Divination homework," I said, "Where're the roses from?"

She blushed a little bit, and looked almost reluctant to tell me. I think I know where they came from, but I'm praying that she just got them from one of the Professors or something.

"Uhm...Theo asked me to the Yule Ball, he gave me the flowers," She said a little quietly and looked down at her homework. I felt like I got hit by a train, I feel like if I try to talk nothing would come out.

"O-oh, that's...great, I'm happy for you," I said and and faked the most convincing smile I could muster.

"Thank you," she said, "Do you have a date yet?" 

No.

"Yeah," I lie, "Yeah, I have a date, it's Uhm...Astoria Greengrass. Yeah, I'm going with Astoria,"

"Oh...nice, she seems cool,"

I've never had a real conversation with Astoria, I wouldn't know if she's cool or not.

"Oh, yeah, super cool," Why am I lying like this? I guess I just don't want Y/n thinking I can't even pull a date. We did our homework in silence. My hands were shaking a bit, I bet it's because I just hate Theo and now my crush is going to the Ball with him, and because I need to ask Astoria to the dance now before someone else does and Y/n knows I'm lying.

Max and Matt walk in, hand in hand and join us, taking the awkwardness down a notch.

"Hey, guys. Wassup?" Matt said,

"Nothing much," Y/n and I mumbled at the same time,

"Ooh, nice roses, who're they from?" Max asked Y/n,

"Uhm...Theo, we're going to the Yule Ball together," She said, Matt looked to me with some sympathy on his face, I just shook my head and continued with my homework.

"No way! That's great, I'm so happy for you," Max said and hugged Y/n,

"Thank you, I'm actually gonna go take these up to my dorm," Y/n and Max went up to the girls dormitories leaving Matt and I sitting there in silence.

"I'm sorry, mate," Matt said,

"Thanks, it's fine, I don't know why I thought I stood a chance and Nott anyway," I said,

"I hate him so much, he's only using Y/n to get good grades. How does she not notice it? I've seen her helping him with (or doing) his homework at least five times, and that's only what I've seen,"

"Really? He's so...Uhg! I want him gone!" I yelled causing some other students to look at us from across the common room.

"C'mon, let's go to my dorm," Matt said and so we did. 

~

Y/n's POV

"I really am happy for you," Max said,

"Thank you," I said, "I just feel guilty for some reason, and I feel jealous or mad or something because Draco is going to the ball with Astoria, and I hate myse- I mean, I just don't know why I'm upset about it,"