Trent Alexander Arnold (Liverpool) - Not So Expected

Requested: yes, by anon
Prompts: 6) "You never cease to amaze me."
7) "You have such a beautiful soul."
35) "Just hold still."

------------

Anniversaries. Oh how stressful they were. In this case, their anniversary wasn't for another week but Trent had planned a getaway trip for them so Y/n needed to get the anniversary gifts before they left. She walked around aimlessly in the shopping centre, not exactly sure of where to start her quest. She had been walking around for a good half hour and her hands were still empty. She was beyond frustrated at this point. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Y/n Alexander Arnold." She grinned as she heard the Scottish voice from behind her. "I'm not Alexander Arnold just yet Robbo. He hasn't put a ring on it yet." She said turning and giving him a hug. "Only a matter of time. He'd be stupid not to."

"What you doing out?" Y/n asked. "The missus sent me out to get stuff. Ended up here. How about you?" She shrugged. "I was meant to try find stuff for Trent because our anniversary is coming up but I haven't a clue where to start."

"I could give you a hand if you need?" Andy offered. It was a good idea to be fair. Andy knew Trent too, so chances are he could give a bit more input or a second opinion. "Yeah, if it isn't a problem." Andy scoffed. "Course it's not a problem. Come on." Andy and Y/n walked into every shop and took at least one thing with them, with the aim to make a hamper styled gift. Just after they left JD sports, she decided to text Trent just so she knew when to leave in order to hide the gifts from him.

Hey babe, when are you home?

W

ill be a bit
Just hanging w Robbo
Won't be back till 6ish
Luv ya x

Robbo? As in Andy Robertson? He couldn't have been. She was with him for a good hour now. "Robbo?" Andy turned around, still holding onto his kids. "What's happenin?" He asked. "Trent. He's just gone and said this." She showed Andy her phone. He read through it and pulled a face too. "Well he's clearly not with me. Haven't seen him all day." That didn't help Y/n at all. Where was he and what was he doing? "Maybe he's out with Chambo. He's planning a surprise for Perrie or something. He might not want you to know in case you go blabbering to her about it." Andy said in an attempt to help ease Y/n's mind. "No, no definitely not. He's already told me about the surprise, and I know he isn't with Alex because Perrie told me she was going to the park with Alex and Axel." Y/n said. Andy was just as confused as Y/n was. "Surely there's a reasonable explanation there. He isn't that stupid."

That whole evening, Y/n felt awkward with Trent. When he got home, he was smiling but this time, she was worried about his smile. Was he smiling because of another girl? This continued until they decided to go to sleep. Trent sat reading his book like he normally did before bed, but Y/n sat staring at the wall. She looked away when Trent had closed his book and put it on his bedside table.

"Goodnight Babe." Trent muttered, turning to his bedside table and shutting his light off before tucking himself in. When Y/n didn't do the same, it sparked confusion in the defender, making him turn back to his worried looking girlfriend. "Babe, you alright?" He asked. "Where were you today?" Trent blinked a few times. "I was out. I told you on the phone." Y/n scoffed and folded her arms. "I know you weren't with Robbo, I met him at the shopping centre. He was just as confused when he saw your message." Trent was stuck in the mud, up to his knees at this point. He couldn't dig himself out of this one and make his plans go ahead. "So, do tell, where you were and don't, please don't lie." Trent looked into both of her eyes, both looking oh so broken and he had no choice. He let out a defeated sigh. He reached into his bedside drawer and ruffled about a bit, confusing Y/n even more than she already was. "I was gonna wait to do this until our trip next week but since you caught me out, I have to come clean-" Trent leaned over his pillow and looked up into Y/n's eyes to reveal a small velvet box. Her mouth dropped open.

"Y/n, I've been with you for ages now and if you had given me another few days I would've been able to put this whole speech together but since I'm just here now, I suppose this'll have to do." He opened it, revealing a delicate diamond ring. "I love you, I've known that since the day I met you. You've just got such a beautiful soul, you never, ever cease to amaze me and I was wondering if you would want to spend the rest of your life with me and become my wife?" Y/n felt a few tears trickling down her cheeks and shaping around her smile. "You gonna say yes or do I have to do it again." Y/n began laughing as she shook her head. "No, no you don't have to. You wouldn't have even had to ask!" She jumped into his arms, kissing him over and over again. "Of course I will!" Trent laughed, trying to get her off so he could put the ring on her finger. "Alright, alright, just hold still so I can put this on!" She got off him and left her shakey hand out for him to take. It fit perfectly.

"I can't believe this." She whispered. "I couldn't find the right ring at all today. I'm blessed Hendo was there buying a necklace for his missus." Y/n chuckled. "I was looking for an anniversary present for you. Thank god I found Andy." They laughed. "Looks like we were both stuck for ideas." Trent said, putting his arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his chest. Her hand rested on his chest as the diamond twinkled on her finger, a smile now unable to leave her face. "Are you happy?" She looked up to Trent with a face of confusion. "Well of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"No reason, just asking. I just can't wait to get married."