Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund) - When We Were Young

Requested: on wattpad
Prompts: "When We Were Young - Adele
Warnings: angst in the start, but goes to fluff so

"Why are we here again?" Jude asked as his friend Y/n led him into the library she usually went to in Dortmund. "Were here to buy clothes. Why the hell do you think we're here?" She replied. "No need to be like that. Just asking." Jude mumbled. "I wasn't being like anything. You're just being in a mood as per usual." It wasnt a usual thing. He was in a mood because of his recent breakup with his last girlfriend of four years. He loved her and he thought they'd be end game, but it wasn't meant to be he supposed. "I'm not in a mood." Jude muttered. "You are. You very much are in a mood."

"Can you just be quick and pick something so we can go?" He asked, his hand clenched in his pockets. "I know what book I need so settle your knickers." She said. "I hope I see someone I know. Means I could sit and talk and annoy you more." Jude gave a sarcastic smile to that statement. "I hope you do too. That way I can go get the bus home and not have you annoying me." She slapped his arm and continued walking. She grabbed the book She needed for college, scanned her library card so she could borrow it and left with her moody teenager of a friend trailing behind her.

"Right, in the car." She said, throwing the book into the back. Y/n looked over to Jude, his face half covered by his jumper and hood, while his hands were shoved into his pockets. "Do you want me to open the door or what?" She asked. "I said I'm getting the bus." He replied. "Get in the car." She repeated. Not a move. "Jude, in the car." He shook his head. "I'm getting the bus."

"Jude! Get in the fucking car! I'm not having this today!" Jude looked at her angrily but quick got into her car, slamming the door behind him. Y/n got in shortly after and looked over worried as he fumbled with his seat belt. "Are you alright?" She asked. "Yeah, just drive." He replied as he clicked his seatbelt into place. She let out an agitated sigh and started her car, beginning to drive. The silence was almost ghostly. The atmosphere was cold and there was a sense of tension. "Right I'm putting on the radio." She said, breaking the silence. Jude on the other hand, didn't say anything. He folded his arms and looked out the window at the grey skies and people walking by in raincoats. "Oh my god, I love this song!" She exclaimed, catching the young brit by surprise.

"And all the girls dream that they'd be your partner, they'd be your partner and-" She turned to her friend in the passenger side. "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you." She sang it passionately. A grin appeared on Judes face as he looked over amused as to why she was singing. "How is this helping me get over my breakup?" Jude asked. "Are you smiling?" He felt his cheeks heat up before he turned and looked out the window. "Oh come on! You'll be fine! She was a cunt anyway." She said. "Not to me she wasn't. Maybe she just didn't like you because she thought you'd steal me away." He said sarcastically. "Imagine. That's fucking stupid. You're not the footballer I'd get with." Jude rolled his eyes. "For the last time, I don't know Pedri or Gavi personally."

"All you'd need to do is shoot them a text on Instagram. That should do the trick Jude! I'd do the same for you!" Jude scoffed. "As if I'd need your help in getting a girlfriend." He replied. "Who's freshly single again?" His lips pressed together inot a flat light, showing his disapproval of her last question. "You've been single longer though." He said smiling over towards her. "Yeah because I choose to be single. You've no choice at the moment." The smile slightly faded. "I did have a girlfriend though." The melancholic feeling set back in as he found himself upset over the breakup yet again. Y/n glanced over to Jude, seeing him sulking again. There was a silence filling the car, a very, very sad silence. "If its any consolation they worst thing she could do is go to Barcelona and fuck Gavi." Jude chuckled and nodded. "Chances of that are slim." He said. "But never zero." She added. "Why did Gavi even come into this conversation? I know you think he's fit but fuck sake." Jude laughed. "I'm right though. He's Spanish, young and oh my god did I mention he's a golden boy?"

"You might've done, yeah." He smiled. "You look so down Jude. I didn't know she meant that much to you." She said. "She did. I liked her a lot." He swallowed the lump in his throat. "But it's over. Doesn't matter anyway." The silence grew in the car once again. "I just liked her is all." Jude repeated again and again. "More than cake pops?" His face scrunched as he thought to himself. "I wouldn't say so, no." The pair laughed together at the answer. "So why don't we just get cake pops, drive around the city and throw on a breakup album?" 

"Is this breakup album just Taylor Swift as usual?" He asked. "What else would it be?" She chuckled. "Alright then. We'll do that." After a couple of minutes, she parked and grabbed her purse to get out. "Alright, I'll be back in a sec. Do you want the chocolate ones still? Because they've got white chocolate and raspberry now too." She asked. "Just grab whichever ones. I don't mind." He said. "Alright, be back in a sec."

"Y/n?"

She looked back to a much happier Jude than before. It was almost as though he just got whatever he needed to say and it was a weight off his shoulders. "Thank you." He said. "I'm only buying you cake pops, it's not that deep lad." She joked. "Oh don't be daft! You know what I mean." She nodded and smiled back. "Don't mention it. I'll always be here if you need to talk." She said closing the door. He watched her carefully as she crossed the road into her favourite bakery before he whipped out his phone and opened the matte phone case over his phone to reveal a small faded photo of two kids together. Little did they know back then, that their friendship would lead to getting cakepops as roommates in Dortmund, with plans to listen to Taylor Swift albums until one gets over their breakup, while the other sings and dedicates the love songs to him secretly.