Pablo Gavi (FCBarcelona) - Think Again

Requested: on wattpad
Prompt: reader tries to break up eith him and he says no
Warnings: he's a bit passive aggressive lmao

Things had been so,very bad between the pair of them recently. With Y/n having just enough free time to study,she found herself being on midnight calls with her boyfriend while she studied instead of just going to his house like she usually did. She rarely even watched his games on TV anymore either. She had no time whatsoever. He seemed to not mind however. He would still go out of his way to bring her for breakfast before class started and when she had work on the weekends, he would wait for her to get off for siesta and he would sit with her as she studied or added to her assignments.

On this particular morning, Y/n wasn't eating. She usually got a pastry along with a coffee and she of course had both, but something was off and Pablo didn't know what was wrong with his girlfriend. "You're quiet." He said suddenly, catching Y/n off guard from aimlessly stirring her coffee. "No I'm not. I just don't have anything to talk about." She replied quietly. "You have been stirring that coffee for six minutes. I think the sugar is dissolved." He joked, but she didn't laugh. She instead gave a lighthearted smile that quickly turned into a frown, followed by her holding her face and letting out soft sighs as she cried. She didn't know where it came from but it just came so suddenly. The tears just happened. "Y/n? Are you alright?" He asked, leaning over the table to hold her hand. "Look at me. What's wrong?" He asked

"Nothing, nothing is wrong at all." She sniffled in return, looking back up and smiling as if nothing happened. Her eyes were still red. "Y/n. You need a break." He said. "Yes, yes I do." She mumbled. Pablo picked up his glass of orange juice and sipped as Y/n cleared her throat and let out a shakey breath before she spoke.

"Pablo, I think we should just-" Pablo lifted the glass from his lips as she paused, anticipating her next words. "-take a break." Pablo swallowed the orange juice in his mouth and set his glass of orange juice to the side. He looked up at her with a smile. "Think again." Her sad look quickly turned to one of confusion. "What?" She asked. "In short, it's a no. We are not taking a break and if you don't like it, tough." Her mouth opened and closed trying to form a sentence. "I- no- I'm breaking up with you. Only for a little while." She explained. "I can't take that chance." He retorted. "What do you mean?"

"How do I know you're going to get back with me?" He asked, interlocking his fingers and resting them on his chest as he laid back calmly. "We are breaking up." She said firmly. He shook his head. "No we aren't." Y/n groaned and slapped her hands down on the table. "Why won't you let me break up with you?" She asked. "Give me your hand." She arched a brow as to say 'are you being serious?' He was. She rolled her eyes and held onto his hand. Pablo moved them together and held them both up, interlocking the fingers. "See how perfectly they fit?" He smiled. Y/n nodded and squeezed her fingers around his hand.

"Still want a break?" He asked. Y/n looked back to him and shook her head. "No, no not at all." She replied, tightening her grip on his hand. "Well how about we go and get you to university then, eh?"