Pedri Gonzalez (FCBarcelona) ft. Pablo Gavi - Bakery

Requested: by anon on wattpad
Prompts: 6) "You never cease to amaze me."
13) "Can you just pick something so we can go?"
Warning: cursing ig

Pedri sighed as Gavi sat playing music as usual I his car as the pair drove around the city on their way home from training. "Tengo tanta hambre, hombre." (I'm so hungry, man.) Gavi groaned. "Lo mismo aquí. Estoy listo para irme a casa y comerme todo el refrigerador." (Same here. Im ready to go home and eat my whole fridge.) Pedri chuckled. "O, tengo una idea mejor. Tome la siguiente a la izquierda." (Or, I have a better idea. Take the next left.) Pablo said. Pedri looked at his friend confused. "Pero estoy en el carril derecho?" (But I'm in the right lane?) Pedri stated, but it came out as more of a question. "Entonces? Si te detienen, soborna al policía con tu camiseta o algo así! Toma la siguiente a la izquierda!" (So? If you get pulled over, bribe the cop with your jersey or something! Take the next left!) Pedri groaned and switched lanes, before turning in left.

"Adónde vamos?" (Where are we going?) He asked. "Tengo un amiga que tiene una panadería en esta calle. Si puedes encontrar estacionamiento, podemos entrar y comprar algo de comida." (I have a friend who owns a bakery on this street. If you can find parking we can go in and get some food.) Pedri agreed and found a place. He parked and the pair hopped out, ready to go. "Tu estacionamiento es un poco mierda." (You're parking is a bit shit.) Gavi grinned. "Ni siquiera puedes encender un auto, cállate." (You can't can't start a car, shut up.) Pedri warned, locking his car and following his friend.

As they walked into the bakery, they were welcomed by the smell of "Ana!" Y/n shouted loudly. "Your boyfriend." Pedri's eyebrows knitted in confusion. "Nice to see you too, Y/n." Pablo said in English, making Pablo even more confused. "We both speak English to one another. She's not from here." Pablo explained. "Por qué me hablas en inglés?" (Why are you speaking English to me?) Gavi sighed and turned back around. "My friend, Y/n!" The girl that appeared to be Ana said, walking out of the kitchen. "Pablo, what's up." As Pablo and Ana melted into conversation, Pedri couldn't take his eyes off the girl on the phone. He assumed she was ordering in ingredients for baking or something but he still focused on her. "Does he have a little crush?" Pedri turned quickly to see both Pablo and Ana joking about his 'puppy eyes' he had been giving Y/n.

"What?" He asked. "Definitely." Pablo answered for him. "I don't know what you're talking about but I am ready to leave." Pedri replied half serious, half joking. "Do you two want something to take with you?" Ana offered. "I don't see why not." Pablo smiled and went over to the counter to pick. Pedri followed and looked around at all the luxurious looking baked goods. He chose his and watched as Pablo went between choices. "Puedes elegir uno para que podamos irnos?" (Can you just choose something so we can leave?) Pedri said. "Puede ser más fácil para usted elegir los que no quiere! Tal vez entonces podamos reducirlo." (It would be easier to say what you don't want. Maybe that would narrow it down.) The girl at the counter chuckled at the remark as Pedri hid a proud smile. "Eres un comediante, de repente. Me pregunto porque?" Pedri knotted his brows in confusion as Ana and Pablo laughed together. He shook his head, not understanding the joke.

After what felt like eternity, Pablo finally chose. He thanked the girl and turned, ready to leave. Pedri picked up a ten euro note from his pocket and went to hand it over to the girl. "Oh, no. Pablo never pays." She said. "That's not fair, the kid has more than enough money." The girl smiled and looked to the ground. "Yes, but Pablo never pays." She repeated. "I'm not him." Pedri smiled. "Well still, I don't want the money. We don't take from Gavi." Pedri paused and looked to the left of the til and spotted a small jar, decorated with the word "papina". She followed his eyes and shot him a stern stare. "No." A wild grin appeared on his face as he took the ten euro note and placed it in the tip jar. "No-" Her hand swung to his, holding the top of it in an attempt to not let the man put the money in the jar but it was too late. There, sat amongst the copper and gold coins sat a wrinkled ten euro. "What did you do that for?" Y/n asked, nearly enraged. "I wanted to pay, you wouldn't let me."

"For good reason!" She was almost yelling now. "Which was?" Her mouth opened and closed as she thought of an answer but couldn't. "I'll take money from the til-" She felt a hand on hers. "No. Just keep it." She looked back to see the footballer. A blush crept onto her cheeks as she swallowed hard. "At least let me give you a coffee or something." She offered. "Only if I get your name." Pedri replied. "Does that usually work?" She asked, unamused. "As often as people offer me free coffee." A smile reappeared on her face once more. "Y/n. My name is Y/n." Pedri stretched his hand out over the counter. "Pedri. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. Now, coffee?" Pedri shook his head. "Maybe another day. I can pick you up from here whenever you want and we can go for coffee." Y/n blinked. "Did you just ask me out?"

"Would you go if I did?" He asked. "No, not really." She said quickly. "Well then I'm letting you pay me back." She held in a laugh. "You're smooth." She muttered. "Not usually. But I'll be back tomorrow for you to come with me for a coffee."

Pedri turned on the car and looked back between the seats to reverse, spotting his friend grinning at him. "Que?" He asked. "Nunca dejas de sorprenderme." (You never cease to amaze me.) Gavi looked forward and laughed. "Eres especial mi amigo." (You're special, my friend Pedri.) Pedri scoffed. "Oh si? Cómo soy especial?" He looked out for traffic. "Por lo general, nunca le da a la gente la hora del día, sin embargo, se sentó a hablar contigo. No mentiré, es lo más largo que la he oído hablar y lo más feliz que la he visto." (Usually, she doesn't give people the time of day, yet she sat and spoke to you. I won't lie, that's the longest I've heard her speak and the happiest I have ever seen her.) Pedri paused and found a softened smile creeping onto his face. "Deja de sonreir, te ves como si estuvieras enamorado." (Stop smiling, you look like you're in love.) Pedri looked back to Gavi. "Hijo de puta, lo eres!" (Son of a bitch, you are!)

"No." Pedri replied quickly and drove out. "Usted está! Usted está! Estás enamorado!" (You are! You are! You are in love!) Gavi chanted as he shook Pedri, further annoying the Spaniard beside him. "No, Pablo-"

"Me equivoco?!" (Am I wrong?)

"Un poquito, Sí!" (A little, yes!)

"Pero tengo un poco de razon no?" (But I am a little bit right, no?)

"Güey, callate!" (Mate, shut up!"

"Déjame conducir en paz!" (Just let me drive in peace!) Pedri shouted. Pablo was silent but he didn't lose his grin. "Creo que le gustas de vuelta." (I think she likes you back.) Pablo mumbled, breaking the silence. "De Verdad?" Pedri asked. "No, pero no seré la persona que te diga lo contrario." (No, but I won't be the person to tell you otherwise.) He laughed again. "puedes caminar a casa si quieres. o tal vez aprender a conducir realmente. tal vez entonces te encontrarías con una novia en lugar de reírte de mí por poder al menos intentar conseguir una." (you can walk home if you want. or maybe learn to actually drive. maybe then you'd find a girlfriend instead of laughing at me for being able to at least.) Pedri replied, his tongue nearly twisting with the speed of which he said it.

"Eso estaba demasiado lejos." (That was too far.) Pablo replied quietly. "Sí, pero cierto asi que no lo es." (Yes, but it was true so it wasn't.)